TP-link deco m4 and Zoom Video Conference

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP-link deco m4 and Zoom Video Conference

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
70 Reply
Re:TP-link deco m4 and Zoom Video Conference
2020-10-21 09:16:16

@TP-Link_Deco Thanks for your quick reply.

Firmware:

Yes, it started once I updated to the newest firmware 1.4.3 Build 20200918 Rel. 74289. I was using the previous version to this, I'm afraid I don't have the codes anymore. If there's any way to download any previous version to test performance I'm more than happy to do it.

My network map:
I have only 2 Decos in my network. It's actually a very simple layout: Main Deco as Router PPPOE and I've got my PC connected via gigabit ethernet cable (my 2 laptops using Zoom have these issues). The other Deco is connected via wireless and a 3rd laptop is connected via 5Ghz wireless and also having Zoom issues (no issues at all using Teams, Skype).

Are all computers encountering this issue or just some specific computers?
Yes, all computers are facing the same issue. I've re-imaged one of my laptops to confirm and this has the same issue on both gigabit ethernet or wifi.

Change Deco to Access Point:
I've tested it and got the same problem. I've read comments that users are facing the same issues even on access point.

Speedtest:
My broadband plan is 500Mbps and my current speed is approx 450Mbps and even with that high speed I'm having Zoom issues showing slow and unstable connection and my peers always say my voice breaks out, I get a delay of 10-15s and screen sharing is always extremely slow.

That's the speed test I got with 2 PCs connected to Zoom meetings (both with audio lags, regardless the high speeds)

https://www.speedtest.net/result/10285320217.png - 311Mbps Download / 70Mbps Upload

Options
2020-10-21 09:43:48

@Mackert_UK 

Hi, thank you so much for your detailed info. While we are sorry that the current firmware cannot be downgraded to the previous versions, please don't worry that we will try to figure it out.

We will send you an email for further troubleshooting, please check and respond, thanks.

Options
2020-10-21 09:52:19

@TP-Link_Deco Thank you very much! While I was looking for answers, I saw this option https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/deco-m4/v1/#Firmware . Isn't it an option to download a previous version to test it out? I'm concerned as this investigation may take longer.

Options
2020-10-21 09:57:33

@Mackert_UK 

Hi, our engineers will help you with the debug or further troubleshooting, please check your email box and confirm.

Options
2020-10-21 13:22:57 - last edited 2020-10-23 11:09:26

I have the same issue with Deco. It does not seem to be an issue with my main wifi-router alone, but its range does not cover the whole house, so I wanted to use Deco to increase the coverage. Since then I'm experiencing issues with all services like Skype, Facetime, Hangouts, but mainly Zoom.

Options
2020-11-02 19:11:22

@TP-Link_Deco 

I'm also having the same issues but with the M5.  My zoom clients all work fine when connected to my ISP's router wifi but once I connect to the M5's wifi my outbound audio stops working.  Users can see that I'm in the meeting and I can hear them but they are unable to hear me.  I'm not sure if it was ever working as I just reinstalled these a short time ago and have been trying my best to figure out a work around.  Without having a DMZ mode I'm unable to tell if it's just a port forwarding issue.  My M5's are on firmware 1.4.9 build 20200924 rel 60170 and show up to date.

I await your response as I depend on zoom daily and need it working without me trying to get connected to my routers wifi (which i had disabled until i found it was fine)

My ISP is ATT Uverse.

Thanks

Options
2020-11-03 02:00:51

Hi, @Filipko make sure you are tagging a TP-Link Admin if you want a timely response. Unless we are tagged we do not see that new responses have been added. We do not subscribe to every thread so rely on Tagging to ensure responses.

@FrustratedDeco 

Thank you both for bringing up this issue. To better assist you, please provide us with the below information:
1. What is the detailed network layout, how are the Deco M5s or M4s connected to each other, and is the main Deco working as a router or AP?

2. Who is your ISP and what is the model number of your modem they provided?

3. Is the computer or mobile devices running Zoom or Skype connected to the Deco Wi-Fi, 2.4GHz, or 5GHz? What if you connect it  to the main Deco Wi-Fi directly and confirm again if there is still an issue?
4. If the current working mode is a router, try to change the Deco to AP mode and confirm.

5. What is the network bandwidth provided by your ISP, how is the internet speed on the computer when you use Zoom or Skype, is there any error message?

Options
2020-11-03 12:55:11

@tim.mac119 

I think i've had a similar issue. but I also think i resolved it by doing the zoom video calls using a different laptop.

The laptop that was having the issue is a fairly new HP laptop, but the wifi in it is more or less useless, so i'm using a tp link usb wifi dongle with it.

Options
2020-11-04 08:55:39

@mjrw85 

Hello, we will follow your case up on your own post.

Options
2020-11-09 09:35:35

@TP-Link_Deco 

Hi,

I have the same problem as described previously multiple times. Except I have 2 M9+ units. One is connected to the ISP router and other one is in my office room. When I connect to the ISP router via wifi I don't experince any issues but if I connect to the Deco my audio and video quality is more then poor in zoom, teams and skype.

firmware: 1.4., build 20200921 rel. 42500

Options