TP-link deco m4 and Zoom Video Conference

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP-link deco m4 and Zoom Video Conference

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
70 Reply
Re:TP-link deco m4 and Zoom Video Conference
2020-11-09 11:52:22

@toma999 

Hello, thanks for reporting the issue to the community.

When you use the Deco system, it is suggested to disable the Wi-Fi network on the ISP modem router to reduce the signal interference in your network.

Just to confirm, is the satellite Deco M9 connected to the main Deco via Wi-Fi, how about the signal strength? Ensure it is at least 2 bars, otherwise, the connection would be poor.

Try to disable beamforming, disable 2.4GHz main network and only leave the 5GHz if the computer supports 5GHz, then confirm if the audio and video is working properly on Zoom, thanks.

Options
2020-11-19 12:26:32 - last edited 2020-11-19 13:19:23

I have the same issue. Just bought Deco M4 to ensure better coverage for home school and the new network does not work.  :-(

Two devices Deco M4.

Firmware 1.4.0 Build 20200628 Rel. 48846

There is a good signal on all devices.

I have disabled WiFi on the main router. 

ZOOM meeting will report an unstable connection.

Otherwise, there are no other problems with the Internet connection.

Do you have a solution for this issue?

Options
2020-12-02 14:44:36
I have a similar issue on Deco M3. It started happening this week, after the firmware upgrade. Zoom is showing as blocked in the monthly report against my kid's profile. But it's not available to remove from the Kids profile setup. It's frustrating that kids are not able to join the school on zoom.
Options
2020-12-03 10:38:15

@tim.mac119 

Same issue on my m5. Drove me nuts for days trying to isolate it.

Initially, I was not able to connect to any zoom.us domains but after switching to 5Ghz band, now I can access  to zoom.us sites.

Still can't connect to zoom sessions though. 

tim.mac119 wrote

Hi,

Like the title says, I'm having issues with Zoom (The Video Conferencing Platform). Zoom says that my signal is low. My video stutters and stops for long periods of time (sometimes more than 3 secs).

The reason why I am saying that this is a deco issue is because if I connect to the WIFI of the router the deco is connected to, I do not experience this problem. When I turn the WIFI of the router off so that the deco is the only WIFI available, and I connect to the deco I experience said problem.

BTW, I don't experience problems with other sites. Is there a setting that I need to change or do to fix this?

Options
2020-12-03 11:12:12

@Win8Wee Hi, Since the latest firmware 1.5.1 supported whitelist under Malicious Content Filters of Antivirus, have you tried to add this website into the whitelist to have a look?

Options
2020-12-03 11:15:54

@TP-Link yup tried that as well but no go

TP-Link wrote

@Win8Wee Hi, Since the latest firmware 1.5.1 supported whitelist under Malicious Content Filters of Antivirus, have you tried to add this website into the whitelist to have a look?

Options
2020-12-06 22:38:02

@Win8Wee  I have the same problem.  Has anyone resolved? Thank you!

Options
2020-12-07 02:27:05

@Win8Wee 

Hi, thank you very much for your kind reply.

We would like to forward your case to the senior engineers for further assistance.

Please have a check of your email box later.

And if anyone had the same issue, please try to send an email to support@tp-link.com  with subject

[Forum ID 230296] TP-link Deco and Zoom Video Conference with the following information:

1. The model number, hardware, and firmware version of your Deco system;

2. currently, we had two kinds of feedback on this issue, and could you please check which one is more like yours:

-----A: Zoom sessions could be connected/joined, but during the video meeting, Zoom would pop out: the signal is low/weak. And the video stutters and stops for long periods of time (sometimes more than 3s).

-----B: the Zoom sessions could not be connected, or accessible and it is more like this program has been blocked.

3. Would changing the Deco to access point mode help fix the current issue?

4. Did all the mobile clients have the same issue or just a specific device?

5. Would Skype, Face Time, other similar APPs have the same issue as well?

Moreover, may I know how are the Deco nodes connected to each other, such as ISP—Wi-Fi modem router—main Deco, and the rest of Deco all on Wi-Fi backhaul?

Thank you very much for your cooperation and support.

Waiting for your reply.

Options
2020-12-15 13:42:33 - last edited 2020-12-15 13:44:10

@TP-Link 

I'm having the Deco M5 for a week now, before that I was using my ISP router, I'm experiencing same issues as described here before.

Sent an email to support@tp-link.com, copying it here also:

1. Model Number: Deco M5 (3-Pack)(EU)
Hardware version: 3.0

Firmware: 1.5.1 Build 20201022 Rel. 66804

2. Zoom sessions could be connected/joined, but during the video meeting, Zoom would pop out: the signal is low/weak. And the video stutters and stops for long periods of time (sometimes more than 3s).

3. I'm using the Deco as a router (PPPoE) so not sure, I have a fiber optic internet connection, the main Deco unit is connected to a fiber optic media converter / modem.

4. Using wired connection as described above

5. Not using any of those so not sure to tell

I have 3 units, one connected to a fiber optic media converter, the main Deco unit is used as a router and is connected to the internet using IPv4 PPPoE.
I have a 1gigabit network switch connected to the main unit via CAT6 cable, the other two units are connected to the switch using CAT6 cable as well, one located in my home office and one in a bedroom.
I was able to reproduce both on wired and on WiFi connections, issue happens on my Macbook pro connected directly to one of the secondary units LAN.

Thank you for the help!
Options
2020-12-17 06:56:36

@KY89 

While my earlier issue of Zoom being blocked was solved by unblocking "Pay-to-surf" content (apparently TREND Micro categorises Zoom as such..???!!),

I experience the same issues you mentioned in #2. Even though Speedtest.net shows connection speed to be at least 50Mbps consistently... and PING of 7 ~ 24 ms 

KY89 wrote

@TP-Link 

I'm having the Deco M5 for a week now, before that I was using my ISP router, I'm experiencing same issues as described here before.

Sent an email to support@tp-link.com, copying it here also:

1. Model Number: Deco M5 (3-Pack)(EU)
Hardware version: 3.0

Firmware: 1.5.1 Build 20201022 Rel. 66804

2. Zoom sessions could be connected/joined, but during the video meeting, Zoom would pop out: the signal is low/weak. And the video stutters and stops for long periods of time (sometimes more than 3s).

3. I'm using the Deco as a router (PPPoE) so not sure, I have a fiber optic internet connection, the main Deco unit is connected to a fiber optic media converter / modem.

4. Using wired connection as described above

5. Not using any of those so not sure to tell

I have 3 units, one connected to a fiber optic media converter, the main Deco unit is used as a router and is connected to the internet using IPv4 PPPoE.
I have a 1gigabit network switch connected to the main unit via CAT6 cable, the other two units are connected to the switch using CAT6 cable as well, one located in my home office and one in a bedroom.
I was able to reproduce both on wired and on WiFi connections, issue happens on my Macbook pro connected directly to one of the secondary units LAN.

Thank you for the help!

Options