Are my new powerlines compatible with my old ones?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-10 10:41:13
Model: TL-PA7017 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I just bought a pair of new powerlines ( TL-PA7017p). They work fine but when I try and pair any of my old powerlines (TL-PA4010) I don't get any internet signal.

I have tried this both ways around (using the old and new as the master). They seem to pair ok as the 'home' led stops flashing but I am never able to access the internet.

Can anyone suggest what I should try? I have never updated the firmware or reset any of the powerlines.

I assume I am right in thinking they should be compatible?

Many thanks,

Julian 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Are my new powerlines compatible with my old ones?
2020-10-14 06:50:58

@julianj 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

You are right that all our powerline adapters are compatible with each other.

For your case, could you please help me check the following information:

1. Currently, the powerline lights lit up on all the powerline adapters, right?
  2. After they paired with each other, did all the adapters stop working, or just the new powerline TL-PA7017P
  3. If just the new adapters, what are the IP address and default gateway on the computer when it is connected to the 7017P

Thanks a lot.

Options
Re:Are my new powerlines compatible with my old ones?
2020-10-14 07:52:35

@Solla-topee 

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, all lights are on after pairing and I just noticed that the new powerline seems to now be working with the old one working as the master powerline plugged into the router BUT the other powerlines in my house have stopped working.

With my computer connected to the TL-PA7017p these are iconfig details.

IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.61

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

Thanks,

Julian

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 631

Replies: 2

Related Articles