Poor Ring doorbell picture and video playback when connected to TP link

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-10 17:32:07

Good evening 

Today I've installed a DECO M4 ( 3 Unit ) AC1200 at home due to fluctuating connections speeds from my Sky router. Sadly I live in a poor area and can expect no more than 30 mbps if I'm very lucky. It's made a massive improvement across the house and I'm now achieving 25mbps upstairs on the 3rd floor which was unheard of. There is one slight issue however concerning the ring doorbell. I'm using the Deco in router mode and have connected everything to it including the ring door bell. Previously when on sky the app for the doorbell was showing that the connection to the device was poor and due to this I would get late notifications and but never a poor picture. Now connected to the deco mesh the ring app is telling me now that the connection to the device is great however it's now the other way around. It seems with a better connection I get a worse picture / video playback quality but now get notifications straight way. I've set up a guest connection on deco and connected the ring camera to 2.4ghz but this has made no difference. 
as soon as I reconnect the camera back to the sky network my picture returns but get late notifications. 
Does anyone have any ideas why with a better WiFi connection to the camera on deco I get a worse picture?

Cheers and TIA 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 582

Replies: 0