Internet issues in access point mode - capped at 100mbps, orange light is on

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-13 17:06:42
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.6

Hi,

My router was set to router mode even though it was connected to the main router in other room (I wanted to maintain advanced settings). DHCP server was off and it worked fine. My internet speed is 320/20 and I was getting full speed on my Archer, but then something has changed - I was unable to log into the web UI and the speed was capped at 100mbps. I reset it and was able to log in. I thought the problem was caused by incorrect setting of the router, so I changed it to the access point mode. At first it wouldn't work but after a few restarts it finally worked as expected. Not for long, now I have two problems, firstly - duplex is again limited to 100mbps and secondly - internet light on my router is orange constantly. I have no idea what's going on, DHCP is off and everything seems to be set correctly. I hope you may help. Thanks in advance.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Internet issues in access point mode - capped at 100mbps, orange light is on
2020-10-17 21:42:57
I appreciate your help
Options
2021-01-26 04:37:19

@maciek4231 

I'm having a similar problem with my tp-link archer c80.

Normally my internet speed would be like ~120/10. I use my ISP's modem/router(integrated) with my tp-link c80 on another room linked via RJ45 cable.

When using the C80 on router mode (with a RJ45 cable from the c80 to my PC) the speed is indeed 120/10mbps but I had some problems with the Wi-Fi not connecting properly. When in AP mode it caps my speed at 40/10 (either via cable or Wi-Fi 5ghz).

Is there any solution @TPlink ?

Thanks in advance

Options
2021-01-26 05:22:16 - last edited 2021-01-26 17:43:49

@alcantarams 

When setting in AP mode use the following cabling method. Cable from the main router/modem should go into the blue/Internet port of the device in AP mode.

Observe the negotiation speed (assuming connected ports are both 1000Mbps):

If the speed is lower than 1000Mbps then try setting the following from Auto Negotiation to 1000Mbps full duplex:

Reboot the router and observe again the negotiation speed.

If there's no change try to use a different port on the main router/modem or different ethernet cable (Cat5e / Cat6).

If still have problems hard reset (Method 1) the device and re-configure it from scratch, then try again.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-01-26 10:33:37

@Ivaylo @alcantarams 

I have done all of these when I was experiencing the problem. It didn't help at first but after some time, a few resets and some changes in the configuration it started working properly.

I think that the problem was caused by ports on the archer (or cable), but I guess I will never know for sure. 

Setting that works for me: AP mode, cable from router goes to LAN port on the Archer (in my case not every port works with full speed - second one does), static IP (which I use to log into Web UI), DHCP off. 

I believe it strongly depends on your router and cable, so you have to check everything and make a complaint if nothing helps.

Good luck!

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 3199

Replies: 4