Deco option to enable ping responses?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco option to enable ping responses?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
19 Reply
Re:Deco option to enable ping responses?
2020-11-12 06:38:13

@NanoG6 

I see, I understand the issue now. So you just want to ping this specific client in the Deco LAN? Or do you actually want to visit it? If you want to access it, you may try to add the specific port for the service that you want to use by choosing Custom on the Deco app. While you just want to ping it, I'm afraid it is not supported as shown on the Deco app. We will report this request to the R&D team and ask them to evaluate if this can be added on the future firmware.

As for the DDNS service, I'm afraid it is only available for the IPv4 as well, we will also report to the R&D. We hope you could understand this may take some time even if our R&D determines to add these feature, so please be patient with us, thank you very much.

Options
2020-11-12 09:52:55

@TP-Link_Deco I need access to any service/port. As shown on the pic I already have that, so no issue EXCEPT ping response.

Options
2020-12-08 21:42:22

@TP-Link_Deco Hello 

Did this ever get released please?

Options
2020-12-23 01:15:25

@TP-Link_Deco Hi... So I really need the ICMPv4 feature for pinging public hosts... I'm a network engineer that can't ping my remote servers because of that firmware update... So when will I be able to ping stuff? when will this update become available?

Options
2021-02-16 11:28:59

@pmc I too would like the option to enable ICMP ping from the Internet. Obviously "off" (no ping allowed) would be a sensible default, but the user needs the option to switch the facility on so that we can run Broadband Quality Monitors.

Options
2021-06-16 06:53:58

@TP-Link_Deco It's very urgent to enable ping response from wan port. because, internet service provider's cannot monitor their client's link for this reason. We appreciate your immediate step regarding this issue.

Thanks

Md Noman Hossain. BD

Options
2021-11-08 15:13:27

So a feature promised in firmware "soon" from 2020 still not shipped. BQM is a legitimate tool to monitor broadband latency and packet loss. I regret buying this (X60) system.

Options
2022-01-12 13:25:22

@TP-Link_Deco 

I have Deco X20(2.0) 1.1.3 Build 20211103 Rel. 32888 and want to enable ping response for Broadband Monitor. Is this feature available or do I need to wait for a new build version?

Options
2022-01-13 08:37:51

@KingJeff 

Hi, I supposed you are talking about the feature"ping from WAN"?

Normally, it is under Deco APP>More>Advanced>IPV4

For your current firmware, when I checked the release note, no related features have been mentioned and I am afraid that you might need to wait for the later firmware upgrade.

Thank you very much.

Options
Related Articles