Temperature (water leak) sensor addition

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-29 10:59:25
Model: Tapo P100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Is it possible to coordinate the operation of Tapo P100 with a third party temperature sensor (as, unfortunately, Tapo is not manufacturing any WiFi smart temperature sensor, though it would fit and make a very nice adition to the ecosystem of Tapo Smart Home). The idea is, when temperature drops to freezing point, the Tapo P100 would be activated and switch on the connected heating device. It would be nice to add a water leak sensor as well to activate a pump and trigger the alert.

Thank You.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Temperature (water leak) sensor addition
2020-10-31 14:30:45

@VitaliyT 

good day,

thanks for your patience.

Currently, Tapo does not have this ability.

And I used to have some feedbacks about Kasa plugs working as a trigger for IFTTT.

So, if you could get a IFTTT compatible sensor, maybe you could consider the following suggestions:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2426/

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:Temperature (water leak) sensor addition
2020-10-31 17:41:17

@Brook 

Thank you for the link. I will try to use it as a workaround to my problem. But I am trying to avoid as much as possible the installation of additional applications. I hope Tapo and TP-Link will introduce new products in near future to complete the infrastructure of a smart house (WiFi sensors of different type) to be used in one application - Tapo. I am using right now 4 of their video cameras Tapo C100 and a set of Tapo P100 and I am very pleased with these products.

Brook wrote

@VitaliyT 

good day,

thanks for your patience.

Currently, Tapo does not have this ability.

And I used to have some feedbacks about Kasa plugs working as a trigger for IFTTT.

So, if you could get a IFTTT compatible sensor, maybe you could consider the following suggestions:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2426/

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1438

Replies: 2