TL-WA860RE V4 TKIP/AES OPTION NOT PRESENT! - Requesting a firmware upgrade as soon as possible

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-WA860RE V4 TKIP/AES OPTION NOT PRESENT! - Requesting a firmware upgrade as soon as possible

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-01 11:54:34
Model: TL-WA860RE  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 171219

Hi,

As for many other models with this issue, I would like to request a firmware upgrade for my extender which allows me to force AES encryption. I currently get security warnings on many iOS devices which encourage me to switch from TKIP to AES encryption. Please upgrade the firmware and integrate this option. If you have a beta firmware for my model and hardware version, i am happy to try it.

Thank you

Ermanno

Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-WA860RE V4 TKIP/AES OPTION NOT PRESENT! - Requesting a firmware upgrade as soon as possible
2020-11-02 03:04:06

@Ermanno 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

I am sorry that there is no beta firmware available yet.

We have already reported the feedback to the senior engineers already.

It might take some time and please keep attention to our official websites for more updated news.

Thanks a lot.

Options
Re:TL-WA860RE V4 TKIP/AES OPTION NOT PRESENT! - Requesting a firmware upgrade as soon as possible
2021-01-10 18:08:20

@Solla-topee 

Hi,

I saw that hardware versions 5 & 6 for this model have been updated. Any news on hardware v4? Can you confirm that it will get updated?

Thanks

Ermanno

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 601

Replies: 2