archer c9 v5 auto-reboots randomly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

archer c9 v5 auto-reboots randomly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
17 Reply
Re:archer c9 v5 auto-reboots randomly
2021-08-23 10:17:00

@Kevin_Z 

I installed beta firmware and seems to be working fine till now (no reboot) but its showing tp link beta all over in router config pages. please share final version.

Thanks

Options
2021-08-23 10:47:21

@yadavpawan 

That's good to know. While you can keep an eye on the router web GUI or the official TP-Link website for any newer official version. We will update here also if there is one.

Options
2021-08-23 11:49:06
i read somewhere that the router is now end of support and will not be updated
Options
2021-11-14 18:20:47

@Kevin_Z Dear Kevin,

I am also a recent Archer C9 V5 owner, and started experiencing this same "mini rebooting" issue this weekend many times a day. 

I have 2 questions if you don't mind addressing them, thanks!

1) I see the 1.2.5 beta firmware you linked is for EU localization (your reply #8 in this thread), but I am in Canada so my firmware localization should be USA. Is it fine for me to flash to the EU 1.2.5 beta firmware still? If not, would you mind posting a US-localized version of the same beta firmware?

2) Does the 1.2.5 beta firmware also address the iPhone IOS14 compatibility issue that you alluded to in the other bigger issue thread (https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/179006?page=1)? We do have a new iPhone in our household which naturally connects to our home network.

Thanks again! Looking forward to hearing from you :)

Kind regards

Options
2021-11-17 02:32:46

@Jerg 

1) I see the 1.2.5 beta firmware you linked is for EU localization (your reply #8 in this thread), but I am in Canada so my firmware localization should be USA. Is it fine for me to flash to the EU 1.2.5 beta firmware still? If not, would you mind posting a US-localized version of the same beta firmware?

Kevin_Z: Yes, the beta firmware we provided can be installed on both EU and US versions.

2) Does the 1.2.5 beta firmware also address the iPhone IOS14 compatibility issue that you alluded to in the other bigger issue thread (https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/179006?page=1)? We do have a new iPhone in our household which naturally connects to our home network.

Kevin_Z: Yes, as far as I can confirm, this beta should have been addressed the reboot issue on the Archer C9, so there is no issue connecting an iOS 14 to the network.

Options
2021-11-17 08:05:54

will there be a final version of firmware, as seeing beta all over UI is like using trial version sad

Options
2021-11-18 09:53:55

@yadavpawan 

Hello, I honestly don't have an answer for that. You can keep an eye on the official website, there will be an update if there is a new firmware available.

Options