TL-PA411 Powerline adapter no longer working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-12 04:21:15 - last edited 2020-11-12 05:34:58

Hi There,

One of my friends gave me their Powerline adapter TL-PA411 quite a few years ago and it has recently stopped working. All 3 lights are on on both parts and I haven't changed the socket that either are plugged in to. On my computer it says that there is no internet connection where the Ethernet connection would normally be.

I've tried re pairing and when I do that now both parts lights just keep blinking? Not sure if they're just too old and have stopped working or something but any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-PA411 Powerline adapter no longer working
2020-11-13 07:09:47

@KaitlinGriffen 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Sorry for the delay, could you please help me check the following information:

1. Did the powerline lights also keep blinking?
  2. Have you tried to factory reset the TL-PA411kit by holding the pair button for 10s and pair the, again to see what happened
  3. After that, could you please help me check the IP address on the laptop?

Thanks a lot.

Options
Re:TL-PA411 Powerline adapter no longer working
2020-11-16 00:37:41

@Solla-topee 

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply!

The power light and middle light (paired light I think) are constantly on whereas the Ethernet light (bottom light) is blinking inconsistently but mainly staying on. 
I just tried resetting and re-pairing them and that seemed to re-pair them properly but there was still no internet connection after doing that.

I also checked the IP address on my computer and it came back with 'Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss)'

Thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1269

Replies: 2