Apple products won’t connect to deco m5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-12 22:59:23
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Every devices connects fine to my deco M5 except my Apple products. Apple has worked fine for a year until now. I had disabled fast roam and still nothing. I have another router that is not to and everything works fine. Not sure what is wrong with my Deco M5

Options
2 Reply
Re:Apple products won’t connect to deco m5
2021-08-11 15:48:37

@Grandy I'm having the same problem. Started about 2 weeks ago. All my Apple devices (Macbook Air, Macbook Pro, iPhone 12 Mini, iPhone 12 Pro) have difficulty connecting. 

If I reset the Deco's, they'll connect to my Apple devices fine for 24-48 hours. Then trouble rejoining.

Kindle devices and TV's are fine. And haven't had any issues. Deco m5 is fully updated, running on an ethernet backbone.

Everything worked fine for about 1 year, until the past 2 weeks.

Any solutions? I contacted TP-Link Tech SUpport - they're insistent its a settings issue on my device, and want to VPN and do a remote session. However, I'm uncomfortable with that and furthermore, 4 devices all suddenly having a setting issue? Seems more of a Deco issue since connectivity resolves with rebooting the Deco.

Options
Re:Apple products won’t connect to deco m5
2021-08-12 06:17:29

@veejl 

Thank you very much for your feedback.

I am afraid we haven’t located the reason for this issue yet.

And I have seen that you have made an appointment for the remote session with our senior engineer, I hope he would help us find out the possible solutions.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1301

Replies: 2