Kasa devices and Home Assistant - Integration now broken due to firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Kasa devices and Home Assistant - Integration now broken due to firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
86 Reply
Re:Kasa devices and Home Assistant - Integration now broken due to firmware update
2020-11-24 14:22:01

@TP-Link Your post has not clarified the situation.  Are you saying that all of these other TP Link devices still have a security exposure?  What is the exposure, and how serious is it?  Just the 3rd party access?  What are the future plans - to break ALL of the other devices, or repair the broken 3rd party interface in the EU version?

AutomationManager: Secure home automation without relying on cloud servers.
Options
Re:Kasa devices and Home Assistant - Integration now broken due to firmware update
2020-11-24 14:26:28

@TP-Link Now that you have said you'll provide a "fix" for specific MAC addressed units, what happens if I buy another HS100 tomorrow and it is preloaded with the 1.1 firmware - do I have to get onto you every time I buy a new unit, or should I just stop buying HS100/HS110 units altogether and jump ship to another manufacturer?

Options
2020-11-25 03:25:49

@Brook 

I'd like the downgrade instructions, as well.

Brook wrote

@WirelessForEver 

Good day,

Sorry for the delay.

We are really sorry for the inconvenience.

Please have a check of the message box and our senior engineers have already provided a temporary solution to help us downgrade the firmware for HS100/HS110(UK) v4.

So that the customer could continue using home assistant

And please help us get the required MAC address about the plug.

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Your understanding would be highly appreciated.

Wish you a good day.

Options
2020-11-25 14:20:51

Wow, this is really concerning behavior from TP-Link, and pretty sad to see because i'd considered them one of the more user-friendly brands. Doesn't look like i'm affected yet since i'm in the US, but I'm going to be keeping a close eye on this and won't buy any more products until an adequate solution is in place. 

Options
2020-11-28 20:00:21

@Brook I would also like the instructions. I was told to massage you or another one of the engineers, but I cannot message without leveling up my account, which I dont know how to do.

Options
2020-11-29 01:38:47

@Brook I'd also like these instructions, your "upgrade" has caused no end of issues.

Options
2020-11-30 03:16:28

@C-Duff 

Good day,

Since the firmware 1.1.0 only affected HS100/HS110(UK) V4, HS110/HS100(US/EU/FR) or other models would not be affected. 

Sorry that it is not included in the firmware downgrade and no need to collect the MAC address. 

Thank you very much and have a nice day.

Options
2020-11-30 13:45:43

@TP-Link You've answered in an earlier post that you plan to roll this fix out to ALL of the devices.  So you're going to need to ramp up this process for everything - is that your plan?

AutomationManager: Secure home automation without relying on cloud servers.
Options
2020-12-01 09:48:02

@TP-Link Five of my HS220 (Hardware Version: 2.0 & Firmware Version: 1.0.3) are not connecting with Home Assistant as well. My other three HS220 connect fine (they are Hardware Version: 1.0 & Firmware Version: 1.5.11)

So, there is definitely an issue here. Let me know how to resolve the same.

Options
2020-12-01 19:32:15

The HS110's are at a decent price on Amazon.co.uk right now. They are still a no go for me until this issue is sorted for sure, does anybody know if there has been any progress?

Options
Related Articles