Smart Actions do not work on new firmware !

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-30 09:49:17
Model: HS100  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.1.0

After reading the resolution for the firmware issue i am very concerned that it reads like anyone asking for the downgrade will affectively be stuck on a Beta branch of code which will never be updated, also if you buy new plugs they will not work without another downgrade !, this doesn't sound like a workable solution 

To be clear, i am not even having issues with home automation, i am using the Kasa app and the smart actions for the plug do not work with 1.1.0 but do with 1.0.3, i have two plugs left on 1.0.3 and they work fine, the upgraded ones don't. It feels like if not now, at some point by plugs will not work again and i can no longer buy any extra ones as they will update to the main code branch and then smart actions will break again ! I am totally stuck, i cannot get support to either acknowledge or deny that smart actions are broken on 1.1.0, but i know they are, not i am being asked to move to a Beta firmware with potential 'security' holes just so i can use TP functions in the Kasa app with the proper firmware ???????????

Can someone from TP link please give me a answer around this issue with 1.1.0 also causes !

Options
5 Reply
Re:Smart Actions do not work on new firmware !
2020-12-01 02:42:55 - last edited 2020-12-04 01:59:06

@Ultimaker 

Good day.

Sorry for the delay.

Nice to see you again and I have got the message as well.

It might not be related to the firmware 1.1.0 upgrade this time since it is the first time that we have received this feedback.

And I could see that your case has been forwarded to the senior engineers already.

He is checking with the testing teams now and would keep you updated over email as soon as possible.

Really sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you very much for your understanding and support.

Options
2020-12-01 08:27:22

@TP-Link many thanks, I appreciate you keeping an eye on this. Interesting you say it's not related to the firmware but it works fine with 1.0.3 ?. Something has def changed with the upgrade. 

Thanks again

Options
2020-12-03 12:27:13

@TP-Link 

I am getting get dispontand with all this, i have had a reply from my support ticket and they are saying to downgrade the firmware, but you are saying not to ?, i am being sent in circles between you both. Also i have no idea why they think a new firmeware will work when they don't think the firmware is the issue ?, this is really really bad infomration, it's all over the place with no clear direction. To be clear, my plugs on 1.1.0 do not work, the two i have on 1.0.3 work fine with a smart action. My plugs on 1.1.0 have not been downfraded, but i have sent you the details, so i have no idea what to do now appart from send all the plugs back ?

Here is the email i got from my ticket !

Dear Customer,

I am sincerely sorry for the delayed reply.

Your situation is special, and we have not received similar feedback before.

We recommend that you first try to downgrade HS110 to 1.0.3 to see if it works.

If you want to buy more HS110 in the future, there will be no similar problems, please rest assured. Our firmware will be constantly updated and improved.

Thank you!
Options
2020-12-04 17:44:01

@TP-Link cB you help?, I have heard nothing from you or my support ticket. As per my previous message, they are advising different from you !

Options
2020-12-04 19:40:33

@TP-Link 

Hi, I can also confirm that schedules do not work either, I don't use these but just tested those. I also tried the plugs with 1.1.0 on a different WiFi network and smart actions still did not work 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 875

Replies: 5

Related Articles