Can I install Tether app on 2 different phones?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-30 10:19:23 - last edited 2020-12-09 00:44:40

Hi all and apologies if this has been asked before,

First question:  I have an Archer VR600 router at home as well as an RE 355 wifi extender.  I have installed the Tether app on my phone and can manage the devices from my phone; my question is whether the app can also be installed on my wife's phone so that she has access as well (I did not bind the Tether app)?

Second question:  If we can install the app on two separate phones, can I still choose to bind the app to one phone,or will that mean the other phone can no longer access the app?

Thanks for your help.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Can I install Tether app on 2 different phones?-Solution
2020-12-08 11:33:57 - last edited 2020-12-09 00:44:40

@Jed2004 

Yes, you can install the Tether app on different phones and you can log in with the same TP-Link cloud account on different phones so your families or friends can also use their phones to manage the devices which are bound to your TP-Link account.

However, if your family is managing the router or the extender, you will be kicked off.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Can I install Tether app on 2 different phones?-Solution
2020-12-08 11:33:57 - last edited 2020-12-09 00:44:40

@Jed2004 

Yes, you can install the Tether app on different phones and you can log in with the same TP-Link cloud account on different phones so your families or friends can also use their phones to manage the devices which are bound to your TP-Link account.

However, if your family is managing the router or the extender, you will be kicked off.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Can I install Tether app on 2 different phones?
2020-12-08 16:26:33
Thanks, much appreciated!
Options
Re:Can I install Tether app on 2 different phones?
2021-09-09 13:32:24

@Kevin_Z 

Hi, on one of the devices we added the router in the app.  I log in to other devices with the same username and password but the router is not visible.  Where can the error be?  Do all devices need to be added to the router?

Viktoria

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2420

Replies: 3