Sky Q issues since installation of my Deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-30 10:53:08
Model: Deco S4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.4.3 Build 20200918 Rel. 77820

Hi,

I bought and set up my Deco this weekend.  Everything seems fine but as per a few other comments in here it has completely killed off my Sky Q.  The secondary disconnects and freezes to the point where you have to pull the plug.  I'm guessing it is interfering with the Sky Q mesh that the boxes use.

My main Sky Box is in my conservatory.  The mini (secondary) box is in the living room which is where the main Deco and my broadband router is.  I could hard wire this one in via RJ45 but my other two decos are on the other two floors of the house so I can't hard wire the main box.  And I'm not sure there is any benefit to just hard wiring one though I suppose it's worth a try.

Other ideas I had were to switch my Virgin router back on and set it up so it provides a 2.4GHz wifi network just for the Sky boxes... but I'm wary of having even more 2.4GHz networks flying round all over the place.

Please help!  I will have to return it all if it doesn't work and at the moment it's creating as many problems as it solves!

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 857

Replies: 0