Unusual high constant high ping

2020-12-05 02:51:48
Model: TL-WA855RE
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Last one

Hi,

Everything was running since very recently.

I usually have a constant ping around 50 to 60 ms towards NA-EAST servers (i live on a french Island / Guadeloupe), but since 3-4 days i have a constant high ping going up to 150 ms.

I tried a lot of things, the problem came by it self as i really didn't change anything to the network.

So i will explain down there how is my system set.

My fiber router (//400 m/bits.s) is link to a other wifi extender a TL E115, and my repeater (TLWa855re) is linked to this router. At last my computer is connected to the repeater with a eternet cable.

So as i said i didnt change anything in the past days on my internet config, so i dont really understant why did this happened.

I upgraded every link of the system and nothing changed.

Do you guys have an idea?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Unusual high constant high ping
2020-12-08 05:45:14

@Ojikakun 

Hi,

May I know how long have you had the 855RE?

Maybe there would be some Wi-Fi interference recently and have you tried to change the wireless channel on the home router, like channel 11 for 2.4ghz to have a look?

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:Unusual high constant high ping
2020-12-08 09:44:41
Hi, The 855re was setup at the same time as all the rest of the network system, as we were setting the house for flatsharing. My home router is from a french enterprise called Orange, and it's included a Smart Wifi software that is supposed to switch devices automatically betwin 2.4ghz et 5ghz depending of the signal and it is also supposed to find automatically the less clogged channel around.
Options