Manual Band Selection for 4G WiFi Routers

302 Reply
Re:Manual Band Selection for 4G WiFi Routers
2021-01-15 10:13:05

@Kevin_Z

Hi,

today I see an update for MR200 V4 on your website:

LTE_GATEWAY_1.18.0_0.9.1_up_boot(201127)_Rel_2020-11-30_09.48.31.bin

Could you confirm that this new firmware version implements the 4G band selection feature (like the beta version)?

Thank you

Options
2021-01-16 16:52:46

@Kevin_Z About MR200 firmware, what else difference does this beta version has then the latest firmware? Is there any change logs.? 

Also, I'm getting more signal strength in mobile and less in router at same location. Any config missing? Please suggest. 

Options
2021-01-17 21:08:26

@Kevin_Z 

Hello, Last week I bought the ARCHER MR200 in the UK and now I'm Chile with a CLARO CHILE data sim card and no connection at all. I wonder if there is some kind of incompatibility between this router (bought in the UK) and the network signal (working in Chile). If so, the manual setting should be quite useful, I thought to myself. SO I created a profile with the APN data for the CLARO network, and still not working! Any clues about what should I try next? A bit annoyed, tbh.

Options
2021-01-19 18:16:51

@Kevin_Z 

This beta firmware does not allow "address reservation" on Archer MR600 V1.x.

The "Add" button is not present in the related section ("Advanced - Network - LAN settings").

Options
2021-01-20 06:39:19

@BIBITH-DATHAN 

We would like to escalate your case to our engineers, and they will help follow it up, if you are willing to do further analysis, please check your inbox and respond.

Options
2021-01-20 06:42:17

@attanasio89 

Hello, as confirmed with the engineers, the latest firmware doesn't merge the band selection option, if you need to choose the band manually, it is suggested to keep the beta firmware. Please keep an eye on the website for any future firmware updates later.

Options
2021-01-20 06:52:15 - last edited 2021-01-20 07:05:53

@Agent404 

Hello, as just replied to attanasio89 that the beta firmware we provided allows you to choose the band manually, while the latest official version doesn't allow that. As for the modifications on the latest version, what you can find is what we know about:

Modifications and Bug Fixes
Fixed incompatibility issue with some TP-Link Range Extender 4-Address mode
Fixed the issue that web interface might not be accessed after rebooting

What is the signal strength when you put the SIM card in the MR200? And what is it when it is on the phone? Please refer to Case One on this article to verify the details:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2843/

Agent404 wrote

@Kevin_Z About MR200 firmware, what else difference does this beta version has then the latest firmware? Is there any change logs.? 

Also, I'm getting more signal strength in mobile and less in router at same location. Any config missing? Please suggest. 

Options
2021-01-20 07:08:49

@Analizame 

Try to refer to the article first to troubleshoot:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2468/

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2469/

Analizame wrote

@Kevin_Z 

Hello, Last week I bought the ARCHER MR200 in the UK and now I'm Chile with a CLARO CHILE data sim card and no connection at all. I wonder if there is some kind of incompatibility between this router (bought in the UK) and the network signal (working in Chile). If so, the manual setting should be quite useful, I thought to myself. SO I created a profile with the APN data for the CLARO network, and still not working! Any clues about what should I try next? A bit annoyed, tbh.

Options
2021-01-20 07:16:37

@ralphm24 

Can I have the screenshot? You may try with a different web browser and see if it makes a difference.

Please also confirm the current firmware version of the MR600, thanks.

ralphm24 wrote

@Kevin_Z 

This beta firmware does not allow "address reservation" on Archer MR600 V1.x.

The "Add" button is not present in the related section ("Advanced - Network - LAN settings").

Options
2021-01-20 08:24:04

@Kevin_Z 

Hello, I have bought router MR600 only for the Carrier Aggregation feature. Now I have experienced that this router will not support CA with airtel and Jio.

TP-Link India website TP-Link says "all you need to do is insert a micro SIM card and turn on the Router" (refer screenshot below). I am not understanding that with TP-Link selling their products in India with wrong information? If you are unable to enable 4+(CA) in India, you should remove it from India website.

Please can you let us know, When we can expect band selection and 4G+ CA for airtel/jio (India) feature in Official firmware update?

If it is not possible to enable CA in Indian Mobile carriers then please could you provide us the procedure to send this product back you and get a refund?

Options
Related Articles