How do I change SSID channel on Deco X20 ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

How do I change SSID channel on Deco X20 ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
38 Reply
Re:How do I change SSID channel on Deco X20 ?
2021-10-16 20:51:18

Hey TP-Link

Any chances to get this basic feature every 30$ router have for years into X20?

Options
2021-10-17 14:20:52

Yeah, please make this happen. Just picked a (1pcs) of X20v1 up from the shelf at my local store, and I'm really hoping for this basic tweaking to work asap.

Options
2021-10-17 15:36:35

@TP-Link 

Are you for real???  This has been a topic of discussion for going on 2 years and you are acting like this is a simple support issue???

Adjusting channels for wireless routers is the most basic of functions I can find on EVERY router I have EVER bought....but this POS.

TP-Link is going to loose loyal customers over this goat-screw of a mess.  Why, oh why, can you not admit this is a HUGE misstep and correct this mess?

At this point TP-Link should issue complete refunds to all that bought in to this garbage and let us go to a competitor that gets basic router features.  This is the only viable action TP-Link should be allowed to make, we should all demand it at this point.  I am considering lodging an official complaint with the FCC at this point and you should do the same.

Options
2021-10-18 19:36:19

@TP-Link 

So your telling us that we arent allowed to amend the mistakes that you make, and instead supply us with a useless feature that does what? Why not give us the option to do it ourselves instead of waiting for your useless engineers to do their job

Its no coincidence that i stuble across a forum with the same problems thats been ongoing for 2 years and see a few responses from yesterday, almost as if youve broken something and dont have the balls to admit it

Why is your uk site behind on the firmware updates? Why is the info so pitiful compared to the us one, but you still found the time to include the message telling me I void my warranty if i install the us version

Why do i have to sit here looking st alternatives because im being treated like a baby with a few neatly coloured boxes that dont actually tell me anything, i plugged this system in a few months ago and it worked out of the box, then i have your meddling in the background and suddenly ive got a system no better than the crap that was given to us for free by my isp. 

Your answer of, "there currently is no plan on introducing this feature" is f***ing abysmal, its not a feature its a basic right, id rather spend hours configuring the routers myself than letting you tell me what I need, I paid for it I should be allowed to edit it how I want, I would vote with my wallet but I already bought the shite

Options
2021-10-19 05:32:56

@TPLINK

Why is it so difficult to adapt the product to select manually  wifi channels? This is a basic basic function. What is the reason behind ignoring the issues we have?

Also the feature Network Optimization does not switch to less crowded channels.

Please do something about this quickly, it has been taken already too much time.

Options
2021-10-19 13:54:12 - last edited 2021-10-19 13:55:04

@rockdoc638 

Hey @TP-Link am I to assume that you have no intention of addressing this issue and instead will hide when confronted with the glaring shortcomings of your product?  I am giving you the opportunity to address this in a meaningful way before I lodge a complaint with the FCC and encourage all others on this chain to do the same.

Options
2021-11-12 12:37:37
@Tp-link Same problem here, still waiting for your outstanding engineers to solve this overcomplex issue that no other company was able to solve. Imagine to be the first one to offer this state-of-the-art, never seen before, feature in your app. Wouldn't that be awesome? By the way, I have the deco x20 v2.0 (3 decos pack).
Options
2022-02-09 17:35:24

@JRDe I am having the same issue! When will we be able to manually choose our channels?

Options
2022-03-10 22:54:52

@rockdoc638 I'm equally dumbfounded by the so called optimasation function, it does absolutely nothing. TP Link do something about this, you cannot just walk away from providing solutions for your software shortcomings.

Options
2022-04-01 06:40:13

@JRDe 

Have the same problem..

Run a diagnostics check; says everything is fine.. 

Run a seperate Wifi interference test; and says there is a High interference on 1 channel, medium on another, and 2 are low (of the 4 channels in use) with competing Wifi signals other than my own networks - and suggests joinging a network with less interference - yes clearly displays 4 channels not in use by any other signal.

Using the Wifi Analyser app (android) i can see more signals on the in-use channels and yet nothing on the remaining 4... which i would clearly like to move to.

There is no option in the mobile app; nor in the web based router config app (which is pretty much useless anyway as most settings are 'view only' with no ability to edit) for a user to nominate their preferred channels... i would say please address this missing function asap.. but given the comments have been going for 2-3 years... i hold little hope.

Options