How do I change SSID channel on Deco X20 ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

How do I change SSID channel on Deco X20 ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
38 Reply
Re:How do I change SSID channel on Deco X20 ?
2022-04-01 18:12:09

@TP-Link Except your network optimization tool is garbage. I'll use that and it says perfect. I do a wifi interference test and every deco is on the same channel as everything around it. I think this is more of a problem in AP mode tho. There was an incredibly noticeable drop in performance when I switched then to AP.

Options
2022-04-20 12:12:07 - last edited 2022-04-20 12:12:51

Hi same problem here in year 2022 impossible  to select wifi channel on deco x20. 

Deco Lab said that i have a interference in the used channel.... 

Options
2022-04-20 15:29:56

@agustin85 

What I found was that if I rebooted the deco, the channels it used to broadcast were changed.

I figure that it does some kind of check, and chooses the best channels when booting up.

I have 3 access points on my deco system, which all broadcast over the same channels - and I think this is the reason that it triggers a congested network issue in the network diagnostics tool..

Other than the congestion issue; my network appears to be running fine; with wifi running at 270mbps download rate, so it's possibly a badly written tool - which is believable given the basic functionality of the firmware.

Options
2022-06-13 15:34:49

I returned a €35 Mercusys HALO H30G wifi mesh that worked mostly fine because it used the most overcrowded channel with no option to change it.

Now I buy a €200 TPLINK Deco X20 because it really looked neat and I discover Mercusys is a low cost brand of TPLINK (facepalm)

The APP and web admin is 95% the same, and guess what, no option to change channel. A 2 year old post talking about promises and intelligent features, but still no manual control.

Does someone know if this network optimization thing does really work or should I start returning this one as well?

Options
2022-09-22 19:45:35

@TP-Link 

It's been two years and they haven't been able to develop this feature?

What are the developers doing?

Why does the system take the most saturated channel? unbelievable.

Options
2022-12-02 06:35:00

a few day ago i upgraded from deco M5  system to x 20 system- from that moment- canot sync my ewelink app with sonnof light switch- the tplink support blames everybody but the them!!

if anybody have a solution - i'll be glad to try (tried a lot  of options)

Options
2022-12-07 23:09:55

@TP-Link 

So when are you enabling this, my deco x20 does not choose the best channel by default.. 

Options
2023-02-04 04:02:58

@JRDe Well, we have another not-happy customer here. I bought the X20 back in December and other than the issue with the channel change issues it's an improvement over what I had, BUT it's a big BUT.  My x20 has decided that channel 6 is the best choice but when I ran the analyzer app I was elated to see my neighbor across the street is also on 6 and the family on the street behind us is also on channel 6. You can probably imagine I was not pleased to find the option to change the channel, which I could always do with my routers over the years, was not offered. It saddens me to see I spent my money to take a step backward. Hopefully, TP will come up with a workaround as I really can't afford another setup.

Options