Deco M5's repeatedly crash, causing internet and wifi to go down for 5 minutes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-11 14:03:46 - last edited 2021-01-11 14:06:26
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

In the last month the internet will randomly shut off, including wifi, for about 5 minutes at a time. I am confident this is not an issue with the ISP or modem, since this never happened with our other router.

These crashes occur more commonly, but not exclusively, when a specific laptop is connected. This laptop is an XPS 9570, with an Intel Wireless-Ac 9260 network card installed in place of what came with it. This laptop runs Fedora Linux with an up-to-date kernel (currently 5.9.16).

During the crash the wifi is down and the network is unavailable. There are a few local devices on the network with Address Reservation enabled, which are also unavailable, so this is not an issue with just internet.

When I checked the logs in the past there was nothing interesting in them. I would post the logs from around the crash now but the router management page at http://192.168.68.1/ gives an HTTP 500 response every time I try to log in. I am confident the password I have is correct. Similarly the app gives an error when I try to see what firmware version, so I can't provide this either right now. It's up-to-date to at least a week ago. Normally the router's management page does not become disabled when the router comes back online.

I'll add the LED on all Decos turn red about 30 seconds after the internet goes down, and turns green again after it comes back up.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M5's repeatedly crash, causing internet and wifi to go down for 5 minutes
2021-01-13 00:23:29
Model: M5(3.0) Firmware Version: 1.5.1 Build 20201022 Rel. 66804
Options
Re:Deco M5's repeatedly crash, causing internet and wifi to go down for 5 minutes
2021-01-13 08:39:02

@eric3 

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

We would like to forward your case to the senior engineers for further help.

Please have a check of your email box later.

At the same time, could you please help me check the following details as well:

1. Could you please help me draw a picture of the whole network map, from the ISP modem , to the Deco?

2. What is the operating mode on the Deco, wireless router or access point?

3. Who is your internet service provider and what is the model number of your ISP cable modem?

4. Can I have a picture of the HTTP error message when you failed to log in?

5. what did you need to do to recover the internet connection, rebooting the Deco, or it would recover automatically?

--By the way, would using another Deco as the main Deco make any difference?

Thanks a lot and wait for your reply.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 834

Replies: 2