X60 Deco select signal source / signaalbron

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

X60 Deco select signal source / signaalbron

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
14 Reply
Re:X60 Deco select signal source / signaalbron
2022-03-16 16:45:34

What kind of mesh network is this exactly?
I've got a threepack. They will always connect to the main deco whatever I do.
2 Deco's wired. 1 in Mesh. A wired Deco is 3 meters away but the Mesh deco will only connect to the main deco which is 20 meters away resulting in poor performance...

As this has been an issue since 2 years I'll be returning them to the store.
Nothing about this issue in any review... 

... I feel cheated. 

Grtz!

Options
2022-03-16 18:50:36

@EdHome 

If you can run your Deco in Access Point mode, there is a fix for your specific Deco units setup.

Options
2022-03-17 00:03:06
Ok. What is the fix? Could you tell me? I've already tried running in AP mode. Did not help. Also switching between main AP did nothing. Removing AP from group etc. Also not being able to choose wifi channels etc. Frustrating. I am returning the product. This problem seems to be a long term problem also with other deco models. Seems not a priority to fix. Currently using some EAP245's with a controller. I'll stick to that.
Options
2022-05-31 21:28:36

OK so I've finally had enough of using powerline adaptors a WiFi range extenders so got my hands of a trio of X60's yesterday. 

I have all three set almost in a line from front of house (1), back of house (2) and down the garden (3) and I couldn't get the 3rd one in the garden to connect to (2). It would always connect to (1) despite only having 1 bar signal. 

I read through all the threads on here and tried everything mentioned but nothing would work. Slept on it last night and woke up with a great idea that actually worked. 

I found a large metal saucepan, placed it over (1) for a minute or two until (3) connected to (2), removed the saucepan and its stayed connected ever since. 

Speed when connected to (3) however is not much different than it was before as its now having to jump through two devices rather that direct to main (1).

Options