Archer VR300- Devices' Wi-Fi disconnections

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-18 13:31:27
Model: Archer VR300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Archer VR300(EU)_V1.2_201103

First of all my modem is v1.2, just couldn't select it above. Using latest firmware, of course.

I love this modem's performance overall, Wi-fi signal is good around the house, cabled connection on my PC has no problems. However, wi-fi has one big problem. My internet connection stays stable but all other devices connected to my modem in the house disconnects from internet. Notebook, 3 smartphones- poof, connection gone for no reason. They can't be connected to the internet without restarting my modem, even i have no problem on my desktop PC, I have to resart my modem to let my family connect to internet with their devices, which is frustrating. They can see wi-fi network, just can't connect to internet. Not using any wireless extenders etc.

I tried doing things like;

Toggle 5GHz wireless off/on (normally they are,2.4-5GHz, both ON)
Changing lease duration to 2880 
Changing wireless channel to 11
Changing wireless to Auto/20/40MHz

None of these worked. Wireless devices still disconnect randomly. I don't know what should/can i do.

Wi-fi is working on b/g/n btw.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer VR300- Devices' Wi-Fi disconnections
2021-01-28 12:05:04

@mcdastar 

As per your description, it seems that only the 2.4G gives you this disconnect issue, am I right? Both the 5G and wired connection are working without dropouts?

From what I can assume, there might be too much interference in the network, you are suggested to run a Wi-Fi analyzer on the phone or computer to verify which 2.4G channel is clearer, choose that one, change the wireless channel to 20MHz, then reboot the VR300 to confirm.

Additionally, please try to refer to this article to improve the wireless stability:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/blog/87/6-tips-on-where-to-place-your-wireless-router-for-the-best-signal-coverage/

Options
2021-02-01 09:39:30

@Kevin_Z 

Yes Kevin_Z, at least wired connection has no problems. I'll run the wi-fi analyzer and tell how it's been gone later. Thanks for response

Options
2021-02-01 10:04:00

@mcdastar 

Yep, do that at your convenience, and let me know if it helps or not, thank you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 807

Replies: 3