ADSL Modem-Router models with Bridge mode? (pure modem)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-27 10:37:15
Model: Archer VR1200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have an ADSL 20/2Mbps connection, I need a modem-router that can work as a pure modem in order to connect a separate gaming router (bridge mode).

Do any of Tp-Link modem-router models support this? Which one should I get for my connection? (VR1200?)

One last thing, if I get a VoIP modem-router, would that work in bridge mode?

Thank you

Options
3 Reply
Re:ADSL Modem-Router models with Bridge mode? (pure modem)
2021-02-03 01:20:04

@Mirco29 

Thank you for posting on the TP-Link Community.

I assume you are requiring the modem VR1200v or VR2100? If it is VR1200v, it is a VoIP modem router, it must be in modem router mode to use the VoIP service, the VoIP will not work if it is in bridge mode.

If you still want to configure it into bridge mode, you may login to its web interface page, and go through the Quick Setup, choose bridge mode and finish the setup.

Options
2021-06-30 11:49:18

@Kevin_Z 

So can the VR2100 be set up in a pure bridge mode? Looking at using it with sky and a separate mesh WiFi router system?

Many thanks

Steve

Options
2021-07-06 12:02:24

@Steve999 

Yes, it can - check the device specs here:

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options