Archer AX50/AX3000 keeps disabling WiFi after reboot or turn off

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-28 16:02:10 - last edited 2021-01-28 16:06:01
Model: Archer A20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.9 Build 20200708 rel.55037(5553)

Hi all

Some days ago I bought a Archer AX50, however it keeps disabling the Wi-Fi sometimes when I make a reboot or when is turn off and to "wake" the Wi-Fi I either need to connect via the web console and activating the 'Enable Wireless Radio' flag.

I thought that this was because I have active the Wireless Schedule, but this configuration makes only that in the night the Wi-Fi turn off however when I rebooted at the day also keeps disabling.

My settings are:

In Wi-Fi basic settings:

2.4 Ghz Wireless:  Enable Wireless Radio (this flag is not active sometimes after reboot or an turn off)
SSID1 : (not telling you :) )

Security: WPA & WPA2-Personal

Version: WPA2 PSK

Encryption: AES
Mode: 802.11 b/g/n/ax mixed
Channel: Auto
Channel width: Auto
Enable SSID Broadcast: enabled

Airtime Fairness Feature: enable

5 Ghz Wireless:  Enable Wireless Radio (this flag is not active sometimes after reboot or an turn off)
SSID1 :

Security: WPA & WPA2-Personal

Version: WPA2 PSK

Encryption: AES
Mode: 802.11 b/g/n/ax mixed
Channel: Auto
Channel width: Auto
Enable SSID broadcast:  Enabled

Airtime Fairness Feature: Enable

Multi-user MIMO: Enable

Wireless Schedule: Set to Enable

Wireless off time: 1:00 - 6:00 (in this time i'm not using my wifi) Repeat: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri

Wireless off time: 2:00 - 8:00 (in this time i'm not using my wifi) Repeat: Sun, Sat

Can you help me please?

Options
30 Reply
Re:Archer AX50/AX3000 keeps disabling WiFi after reboot or turn off
2021-01-29 03:23:47

@Espartaco0101 

Thank you for posting on the TP-Link Community.

Do you reboot/restart the AX50 often even enabled the Wireless Schedule feature? Is the power not unstable in your area, or there is some special reason you need to do this?

Just to confirm again, once the AX50 is rebooted/restarted, and the Enable Wireless Radio for both 2.4G and 5G are not active, can it recover automatically if you wait? Or do you need to login to the web interface to tick the option every time?

Have you tried to reset the AX50 to factory defaults by referring this, then reconfigure it from scratch? Give it a go, then check if the issue persists.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-01-31 03:59:55

@Kevin_Z Thanks Kevin, here my answers,

Do you reboot/restart the AX50 often even enabled the Wireless Schedule feature?  ----- Yes, because when I clean my house I disconnect from the energy to clean my AX50

Is the power not unstable in your area, or there is some special reason you need to do this? ---- Is stable in my area.

Just to confirm again, once the AX50 is rebooted/restarted, and the Enable Wireless Radio for both 2.4G and 5G are not active, can it recover automatically if you wait? --- No is not recover the Wireless 2.4 GHz neither 5 Ghz once the AX50 is rebooted/restarted

Or do you need to login to the web interface to tick the option every time? ---- Exactly after rebooted/restarted.

Have you tried to reset the AX50 to factory defaults by referring this, then reconfigure it from scratch? Give it a go, then check if the issue persists. ---- Yes and not solve this issue.

Thanks.

Options
2021-02-01 02:58:20

@Espartaco0101 

Thank you very much for getting back with the detailed info.

What if you delete the Wireless Schedule setting on the AX50, leave all the settings by default, only make some basic changes for the WAN and wireless, will the router still behave the same?

BTW, when and where did you purchase the AX50?

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-02-01 03:51:49

@Kevin_Z Thanks Kevin

Here my answers:

What if you delete the Wireless Schedule setting on the AX50, leave all the settings by default, only make some basic changes for the WAN and wireless, will the router still behave the same? --- Yes and not working, only works if I reboot one time after change to default settings, but if is rebooted one more time  itfails.

BTW, when and where did you purchase the AX50? --- January 25,2020 in Amazon.

Options
2021-02-01 06:03:23

@Kevin_Z Thanks Kevin I have a workaround but this issue must be solved by TP-link because definitively is a firmware issue of the version 1.0.9

• Workaround (and partial solution)

1. I made a backup of my configuration in 'Backup & Restore'
  2. I downloaded one version before the last in this case the version 1.0.8 Build 20200426 rel.65338(5553)
  3. I downgraded my firmware in my AX50 from 1.0.9 Build 20200708 rel.55037 to 1.0.8 Build 20200426 rel.65338(5553)
  4. reboot

With this version 1.0.8 of firmware the issue not exist!

Also the issue can be replicated in this way.

1. Upgrade the firmware and Install the last version of the firmware (1.0.9 Build 20200708 rel.55037)
  2. Reboot the AX50
  3. Configure the AX50 with this options

Operation mode: Router

Wireless Schedule: Set to Enable (configure a schedule time)

Guest Network: No

Parental Controls: Enable (Antivirus, Parental Controls, QoS)

Reboot Scheduler: Enable (Select one hour)

WPS: Disable

Rest of options keep by default.

4. Disconnect the AX50 from the power and wait more than 10 seconds

5. Connect to the power the AX50 and wait until the AX50 finish turn on.

6. Disconnect the AX50 newly from the power and also wait more than 10 seconds

7. Newly connect to the power the AX50 and wait until the AX50 finish turn on

8.  And the LEDs of Wifi will keep off also there won't be wifi 2.4 GHz neither 5 GHz

This is an firmware issue of 1.0.9 version.

Thanks

Options
2021-02-01 09:04:56

@Espartaco0101 

Thank you very much for getting back with the required info.

May I confirm did you import the config file back in to the AX50 on the 1.0.8 version or the next 1.0.9 version, as I can see you export the config file before the downgrade?

Are the Wireless Schedule and Auto-Reboot both enabled on the 1.0.8 version as well? If you want to prove this is a firmware issue, you need to ensure the other settings on the AX50 are exactly the same, the only difference is the firmware. BTW, we haven't heard other customer report the same issue with the 1.0.9 version, and we assure that there were plenty of users on this version.

Anyway, we have reported the issue to the support engineers, they will likely reach out to you via email to continue to troubleshoot your issue.

Options
2021-02-04 01:34:41

@Kevin_Z My answers

May I confirm did you import the config file back in to the AX50 on the 1.0.8 version or the next 1.0.9 version, as I can see you export the config file before the downgrade? ---> I imported my config file in the 1.0.8 to have the same configuration as in the 1.0.9 and in the 1.0.8 I don't have this issue.

Are the Wireless Schedule and Auto-Reboot both enabled on the 1.0.8 version as well? -> Yes the same configuration in the 1.0.8 as the 1.0.9

If you want to prove this is a firmware issue, you need to ensure the other settings on the AX50 are exactly the same --> Yes are the exactly the same configuration in both versions because I exported my config file in the 1.0.9 to import in 1.0.8

, the only difference is the firmware. BTW, we haven't heard other customer report the same issue with the 1.0.9 version, and we assure that there were plenty of users on this version. -->  not only in the Archer AX50 you can see the same situation in others Archers like Archer C9 

No levanta WIFI al prender en modo punto de acceso. Posible BUG - Comunidad de red doméstica (tp-link.com) and this situation in other forums wiht the TP LINK MR 200

like this https://comunidad.amena.com/t5/Mi-4G-en-casa/SOLUCIONADO-Problema-conexi%C3%B3n-TP-LINK-MR-200/td-p/89069/page/17 where they mention this

"Al encender el router, después de esperar un rato a que arranque y que estén los LEDs encendidos (símbolos de encendido, internet, 4G, wifi, LAN y las cuatro barras de cobertura) no se tiene conexión a internet desde ningún dispositivo, ya sea por cable o por wifi. En el centro de redes del ordenador (Windows 7), en el estado de la conexión, aparece “sin acceso a internet”. Hay que abrir un navegador y meterse en la página del router (192.168.1.1) para que conecte.

Es un poco molesto tener que hacerlo siempre al encenderlo, y es algo que no me había pasado con ningún router antes… Aparentemente es un problema de configuración o firmware, porque una vez conectado no da problemas, la conexión es estable, sin cortes, y a buena velocidad."

Anyway, we have reported the issue to the support engineers --> Thanks :D this will made better to TP-link

they will likely reach out to you via email to continue to troubleshoot your issue. --> Sure you can contact me 

Thanks.

Options
2021-02-04 02:24:56

@Espartaco0101 

They will email you, please keep in touch with them, thanks.

Options
2021-02-15 01:37:23

@Kevin_Z 

I have a similar problem.

Router Archer C9
Hardware version: V5
Firmware version: 1.2.4 Build 20190403 rel. 63869 (5553)

IN AP MODE

Story
1) works perfect in AP mode. using 5ghz WiFi
2) I turn off the archer c9
3) I turn on the archer c9
4) The devices do not connect to Wi-Fi, even though the ssid network is available.

Temporary solution.
Enter the administration by Ethernet and make a change in the Wi-Fi configuration, example: change the signal strength from high to low and then to high. Put save (that is, everything remains as it was) and it starts working immediately.

Note: I wrote another post previously, but we had noticed in the Spanish forum that we had the same problem, the OP and me.
I'm using a translator, sorry.

Options
2021-02-15 08:06:42

@marcevm 

Hi, would there be any error message when you failed to Wi-Fi?

After changing the transmit power, if rebooting the router again, would the same thing start again

Did you use 5ghz only on the AP mode and would it be the same on the 2.4ghz?

By the way, how long have you had the router and when did this issue start?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 5149

Replies: 30

Related Articles