Tplink archer c6-wifi disconnects on all devices after sometime

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Tplink archer c6-wifi disconnects on all devices after sometime

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
46 Reply
Re:Tplink archer c6-wifi disconnects on all devices after sometime
2021-02-08 16:06:13

I happened again just now. Got the message signing to the network and when I clicked o it started working again

Options
2021-02-09 16:19:13

@Ivaylo 

It happened again just now. 

Screenshot as below on my mobile. 

Third pic is the light on the router in orange. 

Options
2021-02-09 16:21:17
First pic is when it connected again but at the same time was asking me to sign in. It drops for a few seconds and starts working again. Help with the fix please. For now it's happening oncw or twice in a day but I am sure it might get worse after sometime.
Options
2021-02-09 16:49:26

@Shanky2201 

From what I can see in your screenshots, your Internet connection has dropped briefly and then recovered.

Call your ISP and ask them if they can advise on that.
Since you're with static IP address on the Internet port, the only thing you can do there is adjusting the MTU size (if that's the reason for these drops):

If you want to experiment further you can start lowering the default 1500 value and test if that will stabilize your Internet port connection:

1480 (save>reboot>check), if not resolved then try 1450 (save>reboot>check), if not resolved then try 1260 (save>reboot>check).

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-02-09 19:52:36

@Ivaylo 

I did checked with my Isp and they don't have a  clue. 

Just had a question which is after changing the value and saving the changes reboot means I have to reboot the router is it?? 

Options
2021-02-09 20:03:26 - last edited 2021-02-09 20:05:14

Correct. Do you still own the Tenda device you mentioned earlier ?

If yes, you could test with that to see if the connection is stable and copy all the Internet port parameters including MTU.

Then transfer these on C6 to see if that will improve things.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-02-09 20:08:00
No i dont have the Tenda ones available sold it to some one already.
Options
2021-02-09 20:20:15 - last edited 2021-02-09 20:32:46

Try adjusting the MTU size for now to see if that will improve the stability of the C6 Internet connection.

If that doesn't help then contact the local support and explain the iInternet port connectoin stability issue.

Can you post the following screenshot (Click on circled Arche C6 icon bfore capturing):

Options
2021-02-10 03:22:49

@Ivaylo 

I have changed the settings as suggested. 

Can you please confirm till what extent can I try adjusting MTU size. 

I mean right now it's 1480 and what all variations can I do in MTU. 

Do find below the snapshot as asked. 

Options
2021-02-10 05:31:28

@Shanky2201 @Kevin_Z 

What's the internet speed that you have subscribed to, with your ISP ?

Judging by the screenshot, you're not going to get more than 100 Mbps at the moment:

Your router is negotiating 100 Mbps connection speed with the ISP equipment - if you are subscribed to a faster speed, then you should show them that screenshot.

That could be also the reason for the issue you are experiencing.

As for the MTU there's no point to go bellow 1260.

Options