Speed of Speedtest

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Speed of Speedtest

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Speed of Speedtest
Speed of Speedtest
2021-02-05 16:30:46
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.0

Hi All

just wonder if anyone can help, i have some M9 plus's connected to a gigabit fibre connection. 

i get the full speed on the ethernet no problem and i know i will not get the full speed over the wifi, due to being onlt AC wifi, but what speeds should i be expecting on the router speed test??? is it the speed of the fibre connection to the main Deco ) (LINK A, as shown by the website) or the speed between the Deco and the device asking for the speed test (LINK B). i only ask this because of the the description in the image below, i think i should be getting almost full speed and not 300ish. Cheers

Options
3 Reply
Re:Speed of Speedtest
2021-02-07 05:51:36

@TheKidder 

Hi,

If you checked the speed test on the Deco APP when Deco is on the router mode, the test result is almost the same as your fiber bandwidth and the Ethernet connection from the main router;--(link A)

As for the wireless speed, the speed is not decided by the Deco only, the wireless adapter(or known as the link speed on the mobile device) and the distance between the mobile device and the Deco unit;

Thank you very much for your kind reply.

Options
2021-02-07 07:19:20

@TP-Link 

Thank you for the response, image below, shows my latest speed test. (Also image of Ethernet speed test, via the deco & not straight to the ONT)

Luckily I am bald anyway, or I would be pulling my hair out! 😤😂

I have tried, turning AV off and all other options, it is currently in Router mode & has never been in AP mode. I have also tried rotating the Decos around (wiping and starting again, from scratch). There must be an obvious error somewhere! But I can't find it yet! 🤦‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

Options
2021-02-07 19:09:30

@TP-Link 

it also seems this is a common problem with the Deco range. 

I have tried the same test with a P9 & this does the same. 

rapid speeds via Ethernet (850/910) on a speed test, plugged into the P9. But come the speed test on the app, it's even slower on the P9 than the M9. (P9 - 180/200 & M9 300/400).

so is this a app issue?? 

does anyone with a P9 or M9 get there try speeds on the app?? (Ain't bothered about the WiFi speed, I know this will be slower). 
I have also tried Cat 5E, 6 & 8 cables between the ONT & main Deco) 

very frustrating! 😤 (maybe time to change to Orbi's) 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 424

Replies: 3

Related Articles