Archer VR2100 will not maintain VDSL sync

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-07 20:30:34
Model: Archer VR2100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.0 0.9.1 v009e.0 Build 201122 Rel.72659n

Hi

My ISP is plusnet (UK). 

I have recently had dead spots in my house with my ISP provided router, so i switched to an Archer VR2100 and a RE200 range extender so i could create a OneMesh network.

Now the dead spot issue seems to be fixed - the OneMesh seems to work well :) 

However, the router will not maintain sync with the DSLAM. The router has been in place 48 hours now and is still dropping sync 4 - 5 times a day. Up time is sometimes only minutes before it loses sync again.

My line stats are below. Is it a line quality issue? I've read conflicting info that says a SNR margin of less than 6 means a sync is virtually impossible.

Interestingly, my IP profile is set at 74 according to BT Wholesale diagnostics, yet the speed its reporting is 282 mbps.

Any help is appreciated :)

Thanks

Joe

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer VR2100 will not maintain VDSL sync
2021-02-20 06:48:37 - last edited 2021-02-20 06:50:03

@jsphcyl 

Hi Joe, please verify if the DSL LED and the Internet LED on the VR2100 is correctly on or flashing when the internet disconnects. You may remove the RE200 from the network temporarily, which will help locate the modem issue first.

If the DSL LED is stable while the Internet will go out when it disconnects, please login to the web interface page of the VR2100 to confirm if there is still an Internet IP address on it, show us the DSL status page then.

If the DSL LED is off or flashing when it drops, please confirm if the line is stable with Plusnet, it is suggested to test the line with another modem if possible.

BTW, please send us the system log on the VR2100 as well, including that before and after the dropouts, don't reboot the modem, which will clear the log.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 674

Replies: 1