How to use TL-MR6500v in WAN bridge mode/ IP passthrough? Please add to next firmware update.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

How to use TL-MR6500v in WAN bridge mode/ IP passthrough? Please add to next firmware update.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-15 11:12:36 - last edited 2021-02-18 13:57:56

Hi guys,

I would like to use my TL-MR6500v in bridge mode in order to allow a public IP pass through towards my Unifi Dream Machine. How can I switch the router to bridge mode and prevent double NAT?

Other LTE routers such as the Zyxel LTE3316-M604 do offer this:

Bridge and Router modes

With bridge and router modes embedded, the Zyxel LTE3316 is adaptive to most Ethernet devices and gateways for seamless integration with your current CPE in a very simple yet complete way to meet user needs.

Unfortunately their VoLTE is not as robust as TP Link or not existing at all.

Will VoLTE still function?

Cheers

Options
1 Reply
Re:How to use TL-MR6500v in WAN bridge mode/ IP passthrough? Please add to next firmware update.
2021-02-24 11:56:46

@JohnnyT76 

As far as I know, there is no way to change the MR6500v into bridge mode.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1048

Replies: 1

Related Articles