Slow Internet Speed with Deco Devices

Slow Internet Speed with Deco Devices

83 Reply
Re:[Troubleshooting] Slow Internet Speed with Deco Devices
2021-06-02 06:52:34

@TP-Link 

Concerning the maximum bandwidth I will have the optical fiber next week

For the hp pavillon dm4 i bought a TP-Link Archer T2U Nano and it's now connected between 280, 355, 433 Mbits )

The speed rate keep changing but the pc and the xc 60 stay at the same place, is it normal?

Anyway, stay focus on the major issue:

Why does the X60 "crashes" and have a very slow rate on every device (even the mobile phones) and need a reboot to work properly again?

Thank you

Stéphane

Options
2021-06-04 03:22:50

@Stephane74 

Hi, Sorry for the delay.

Since Deco X20 is up to 802.11ax, while HP Pavillon dm4 (broadcom 802.11n) and Netgear WNA1000M N150 is up to 80.11n, the gap between old and the latest Wi-Fi technology might cause the vibration of the link speed;

When rebooting the Deco X60, it would fresh the CPU usage and clear the redundant date which is quite similar to rebooting the computer when it is quite sluggish;

Thank you.

Options
2021-06-04 10:26:13

@TP-Link  so what should i do?

I don't want to reboot the X60 every 2 hours

Don't forget that the issue occurs on all the devices that are connected.

Thanks for your help

Stéphane

Options
2021-07-01 16:32:58 - last edited 2021-07-20 11:32:55

I have been through this loop many times with all kinds of proposed solutions, submission of topology and hours of to-ing and fro-ing with the Deco folks. It turned out that the issues weren't with Deco but were with Speedtest.net!!

Before chasing Deco try selecting various Speedtest servers to find the one that works best.  I have a 500mb connection and some of the tests were only showing 75mb. I finally found one that showed the true speed and I have had no problems since.  Your issues could be as simple as that. 

You can test your connection within the Deco at the router and this should tell you whether the connection has been configured correctly as WiFi is not part of the test.

Of course you may have a genuine network issue but I urge you to eliminate the Speedtest vagaries first.

Options
2021-07-16 12:35:46

@Gonzalo1976 

I have the same problem, how did you solve your problem?

Thanks.

César Vegas.

Options
2021-07-17 17:49:02

@TP-Link 

Model: Deco E4R

Firmware: 1.5.1 Rel 64251

I have same problem.

While diagnosis to slow speed, I found sometimes latency (ping to Router) increased to abnormally high and found 'Request time-out' also.

I tried with different settings but no luck.

-

Options
2021-07-24 18:09:09

I have a x90 dual setup with some issues.

however since upgrading from the m5 huge number of app options have been removed.

this includes the qos settings.

Options
2021-07-29 02:56:56

@KerbMonster 

Hi, I did not get any update from your side:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/271178

Were you still having the same issue?

Thank you.

Options
2021-07-29 06:58:49

Hi! I have been having with my Deco M4. I have two and I have been using it for roughly 2 months now and one of them gives an unstable connection. Connection always drops, and even if it's connected, it has a very low speed. It's really frustrating. I know for a fact that ITS NOT MY ISP, since the other one works fine, and I also tried my 2 Decos with another ISP and I am getting the same problem. I have tried all the possible troubleshooting steps I know, even reset device 3x now and nothing happens, the problem still persists. 

I also have been trying to call the number on your website and NO ONE ANSWERS! Not even a voice prompt! Your live chat support is also frustrating, not getting help from that!

The troubleshooting steps you provided in this link: https://www.tp-link.com/ph/support/faq/1454/ IS NOT GOOD! DOESN'T HELP AT ALL!

1.The results of the above troubleshooting steps:  The troubleshooting steps you provided in this link: https://www.tp-link.com/ph/support/faq/1454/ IS NOT GOOD! DOESN'T HELP AT ALL!

2.The LED status on Deco units: SOLID WHITE

3.How often did this issue happen?: CONSISTENT FOR 4 DAYS NOW

4.How to recover the connection?: NONE! NOTHING WORKS, STAYS UNSTABLE NO MATTER TROUBLESHOOTING I TRY

5.TP-Link ID (email account): 

6.The model number of your modem and Deco: Deco M4R(US) Ver: 2.0
7. Firmware: 1.1.8 Build 20191102 Rel. 58333

Options
2021-07-30 01:35:25

@WifiNaMabagal 

Hi, your current firmware is 1.1.8 which is an ISP-customized firmware in Philippine.

Now, the latest firmware for Deco M4 is 1.5.0, or 1.4.3 in some places, have you ever asked the service provider to update the firmware for you?

By the way, since you mentioned that the other one worked ok, so the instability and slow speed issues only existed on the satellite Deco, the main unit was good?

Thank you very much.

Options
Related Articles