Slow Internet Speed with Deco Devices

Slow Internet Speed with Deco Devices

83 Reply
Re:[Troubleshooting] Slow Internet Speed with Deco Devices
2021-08-08 13:37:35 - last edited 2021-08-08 13:43:00

@TP-Link 

Hi, I have installed my x2 Deco E4 device with below topology and I have encounter WiFi speed lose.

Is it normal that the WiFi speed are lose while connecting satellite Deco?

ISP package: 300Mbps

Main Deco

1. Ethernet back haul to router (Living Room)

2. Test Result: 90Mbps down

Satellite Deco

1. Wireless back haul to main Deco (Bedroom)

2. Test Result: 47Mbps down

Options
2021-08-09 12:20:00

@TP-Link 

Hello,

I have an issue that I don't know why is happening.

I have a 3 story building, I have connected 9 M5 decos so far. all of them except one are connected to the main deco through Ethernet. I think I've covered the entire area. However, there are few rooms that don't get a good signal even though they are near the decos.

the only reason that I can think of is if there is a sort of wireless wave conflict. but I can’t specify the channels for each deco.

I really don’t know what the issue is and doubt that adding decos will solve the issue.

when I say dead spots I mean very low speed. my network speed is 500mbps and I get this 200-400mbps from my phone when I'm near the decos or in other rooms. but in these particular rooms the speed becomes very low. we can't have online meetings or watch videos.

below are the drawings for GF and for one flat (I have two identical flats). 

to confirm, all decos are shown in the app that they are connected to the main deco via Ethernet. I have unmanaged switches to connect some decos,

Options
2021-08-17 07:57:02

@TP-Link after installation of deca m4., the signal is weak

Options
2021-09-03 07:56:25

@TP-Link 

Model: Deco M5

Hardware Version:

Firmware Version: 1.5.3 Build 20210203

I have recently upgraded my internet speed from 100MBps to 300MBps. Once upgraded, my internet speed seems to be even slower than the original speed especially those from satellites. While my main Deco can hit 300MBps, two of my satellites could not.

I am staying in a double-storey. First satellite is on the same floor, placed above a tall shoe rack but right below the stairs. The second satellite is placed on the second floor, on a desk surrounded by various PC gears. Another issue is that the second satellite kept picking signal source from the main deco even though it's weak. Instead of the first satellite which is right between the main deco and second satellite.

Options
2021-09-06 06:10:23

@Helioth 

Hi, you could try to update the new firmware of Deco M5:

[New Firmware] Deco M5 1.6.0

Please feel free to let me know whether it helped or not.

Thank you.

Options
2021-09-14 06:15:07 - last edited 2021-09-14 06:17:18

@TP-Link 

Hi there, I just had my new deco ax 20 (3 pieces) and installed in my house (3 floors). Im having a contract on 300MBps wifi but i only get 192 MBps wife speed on using wireless and 260Mbps on lan . Furthermore, i only get (5-6)MBps of internet speed on the third floor which i placed each of the deco by floors

Options
2021-09-15 11:36:42

@krissontan 

Hi, 200m/s wireless,260m/s wired speed out of 300m/s contract are quite acceptable.

How many online devices do you have?

But 5-6m/s from the 3rd Deco is very slow. Could you please provide a picture of your network topology, such as the main Deco on the ground floor, then one satellite Deco on each floor?

Please also send me a picture of the signal source strength on the 3rd Deco, such as:

Could you please also connect the laptop to the 3rd Deco directly to check the wired speed as well?

Options
2021-11-09 14:28:27

@TP-Link 

1. Remove QoS settings: Deco APP>QoS>(Set Application priority to Standard, Remove all high priority devices, set the Bandwidth to 1000Mbps upload and 1000Mbps download);

I tried to "Remove all high priority devices" but I got an error: Not possible to save settings, please try later.

I tried to reboot but I still have the error.

In my network I have 2 Deco P9 and 1 Deco M4R.

Options
2021-11-19 01:09:42

@TP-Link 

My issue is with All through throughput, but Ethernet is most pronounced, it is always about 1/2 the modem speed.

Deco x20 3-pack, connected via Gb Ethernet backhaul with a 16 port switch with other ethernet devices.

Ethernet speed at Modem:

Download:   701.86 Mbps (data used: 790.7 MB )
     Upload:   929.32 Mbps (data used: 1.1 GB )

Ethernet speed behind the x20:

DOWNLOAD   391.10 Mbps

UPLOAD 562.85 Mbps

QOS set as stated in Troubleshooting (Standard, 1000, 1000). UPNP is disabled.

Previous Deco M5 did better than this.

Options
2021-11-19 06:17:29

@CSEngineer 

Hi, Could you please provide me a rough picture of your network topology, such as:

ISP modem--Deco X20-Gb switch---<wired>---2*Deco X20.

May I know the model number of the gigabit switch? and Who is your internet service provider?

As for the speed test mentioned here, Did you test the speed on the computer when it is connected to the main Deco via Ethernet cable?

If yes, could you please send me some screenshots of the speed test?

Thank you very much.

Options
Related Articles