Deco m4 youtube issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco m4 youtube issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco m4 youtube issue
Deco m4 youtube issue
2021-02-23 22:46:35
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, I have virgin broadband which runs at 200mpbs. 

When I watch a video on youtube on my apple or android device, it loads up the adds instantly but then shows me a buffering screen when the video is supposed to play. 

It just doenst play YouTube videos and sometimes my phones show me as connected to the mesh network but fail to load pages/videos. 

I have loads of small issues when trying to use the Internet. I'm not sure what is causing this but there is a big problem here. Its not one or two videos, it's all of them. I'll often have to load a different video, then reload the video I wanted to watch in the first place to get it to work. 

Anyone know what's going on? 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco m4 youtube issue
2021-02-24 05:52:01

@Raheel197 

Hi,

Except the YouTube Apps, would it be the same for YouTube website?

And how about Facebook?

If possible, please check if there are any parental control settings for the devices?

And please also try to change the DNS server to be 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 to have a look;(More>advanced>IPV4>Dynamic IP> obtain DNS manually)

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-03-09 14:49:53

@TP-Link hello good sir, the app doesn't work, it fails to buffer videos. Ads work perfectly but the videos always fail to play. 

If I open YouTube on the browser, it works perfectly. 

I have tried using the 8.8.8. 8 dynamic ip and 8.8.4.4 

Nothing worked. 

Please advise. 

TP-Link wrote

@Raheel197 

Hi,

Except the YouTube Apps, would it be the same for YouTube website?

And how about Facebook?

If possible, please check if there are any parental control settings for the devices?

And please also try to change the DNS server to be 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 to have a look;(More>advanced>IPV4>Dynamic IP> obtain DNS manually)

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-03-09 14:50:22
Facebook works fine and there are 0 parental locks.
Options
2021-03-10 03:36:51

@Raheel197 

Hi,  Did all the mobile devices have the same issue or just several of them?

If setting up one of the mobile devices to high priority, would that make any difference?

I would also forward your case to the senior engineers for further assistance.

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 584

Replies: 4

Related Articles