archer C6 in Failfase mode Openwrt Firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-08 13:31:37 - last edited 2021-03-08 13:57:31
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: OpenWrt 19.07.7

After trying with the other 2 and that it will not work, probe with the kernel one and the Failsafe mode (recovery mode) was activated, the router when starting it turns on all its lights, then the power light flashes for a couple of seconds and then they remain All off but through putty I could verify that it was still on through 192.168.1.1 only that it no longer generates DHCP or has WAN connectivity, that is, it is in a very basic mode of operation.

I think that the problem can be solved by sending a command to download and overwrite the current version of the firmware, but since it does not have WAN connectivity, it does not have access to the internet and the download is not possible with the basic command, it would have to use the advanced version that implies download the file to the pc and configure with the appropriate commands, the server so that the router can download and overwrite from the pc instead of doing it from the internet, that part of the process is very advanced for me and I don't know how to complete it.

In the attached images you can check that the ram in the router is more than enough, and that in the state it is, it gives an error when executing the commands "firstboot", "mount_root" and "/ etc / config"

I hope someone can give me some advice or solution and I thank you in advance for your valuable input.

Windows 10 64-bit
INTEL I7-2630QM

16 GB RAM

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 615

Replies: 0

Related Articles