SSID (Wifi Name) keeps getting reset automatically to the default factory name

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-09 07:40:58 - last edited 2021-03-09 07:46:54
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

After every few days, the Wireless Network Name (SSID) and password that I have set on the router gets reset to the default SSID name and password.

Why is that happening and how can I stop this from happening?

I contacted the TP-Link support, and they asked me the upgrade the firmware by downloading the latest version from the internet. I did that. However, the problem is still persisting.

I have installed the router in my farm where there are frequent power outages. But I hope that is not the reason for the SSID getting reset to the default name!

Is there some software setting change that I need to make?

Options
3 Reply
Re:SSID (Wifi Name) keeps getting reset automatically to the default factory name
2021-03-09 08:21:59

@SLohia 

Hi, may I know how long have you had the device, and did this issue start since you had the modem?

Would it be possible to connect the router behind a UPS to see whether it is the power outage that causes the current issue?

Would you happen to notice whether there would be any changes for the LED lights when the modem reset itself?

Thank you!

Options
Re:SSID (Wifi Name) keeps getting reset automatically to the default factory name
2021-03-09 10:30:38

@TP-Link I have had the device for the last three months. And I have been having this problem from the beginning. The router has been placed on the ceiling and hence I have not been able to notice the LED lights. The SSID name reset happens very randomly, and we only realize it when the WiFi network under the old SSID is not visible.

Options
2021-10-10 13:15:02
Hi, I am having MR-100 router with Airtel sim, SSID which I created will be deleted and default SSID will be broadcasted, I purchased 6 months back, it was working fine , from 2 days I am facing this issue, pls help.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 3703

Replies: 3