Range Extender Issue in a Thick-Walled House

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-16 10:41:21

I am living in a thick-walled house. My modems wi-fi couldn't reach to most of the rooms. I bought a TP-LINK TL-WA854RE to solve this issue. However, the wi-fi is so weak.

Then I borrowed my friends extender TP-LINK RE200. The signal become a little bit powerful but not enough.

Then I bought TP-Link TL-WPA4226KIT. I could succesfully connected to the wi-fi. But it was closing the wi-fi's of the devices 5 minutes later. It was a shocking error which I couldn't believe.

Eventually I need better signal with affordable price. Please advice me a good model for thick walls.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Range Extender Issue in a Thick-Walled House
2021-03-19 09:27:39

@Bodhisattva Hello, 

Sorry to hear that powerline or range extender does not work well in your house. If your rooms are in the same powerline circuit ( using same power meter) and have thick walls,  Powerline line device should be the best choice already.

Beside that,  I think you may have to run a cable between router and the extender or AP to get better signal. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 233

Replies: 1

Related Articles