Deco P9

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco P9

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco P9
Deco P9
2021-03-16 22:51:02

Hi i am interested in buying the Deco P9 V1 3pack. How does the powerline part of it work, does it use the powerline connection and the WiFi together. I already have some TP link powerline adapters plugged in will i need to remove those with this system. Also i have a Garden office about 30 feet from the back of the house would it be worth buying a fourth P9 and putting it in the office to get a good signal up there too.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco P9
2021-03-17 11:23:18

@Pip60 

Hi, the Deco P9 could use the powerline and wireless backhaul together.

And you don't need to remove the original powerline adapters from the network and if possible, you could consider plugging the powerline extender into the Garden office to extend the Deco network.

There is one more notice even though the Deco P9 could work together with powerline adapters, there would be no powerline backhaul between them;

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-03-17 13:21:44

@TP-Link Thanks for the information i just wondered can you have more than 3 of these working together would what you suggested give me wireless access in garden office.

Options
2021-03-18 08:05:15

@Pip60 

Hi, it is ok for you to have more than 3 Deco P9 in the same Mesh network;

The previous suggestions about the powerlilne adapters would also give you wireless access as long as the powerline adapters have the wireless ability;

(ISP modem--Deco P9~~~~plc backhaul~~~~~Deco P9-------cable------master powerline adapter~~~~electric wire~~~wireless powerline extenders;)

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 596

Replies: 3

Related Articles