Slow speed on Archer AX50

Slow speed on Archer AX50

55 Reply
Re:[Solution] Slow speed on Archer AX50
2022-01-14 06:46:46

@quinzero I'm glad it worked for you because I read your tip today and tried it and as soon as I switched local access point I kicked out of the router and I couldn't login to the admin page via llaptop or iPhone.  I tried everything I could.  I had to do a factory reset and then set up my network along with an extender from scratch.  It sucked.

Options
Re:[Solution] Slow speed on Archer AX50
2022-01-14 08:08:21

@The_Greenman 

strange ! you should not loose the connection , may be the IP adress change but you should find it easily.

Sorry about that.

Options
Re:Slow speed on Archer AX50
2022-01-17 22:49:04

Hello desperate tp link router users :D  First of all sorry for my bad english its not my native. So I think found solution of slow speeds both wifi or direct lan, of course I tried convice TP-Link admins thats is software problem, but of course they not listening. The problem is that TP-Link AX50 software is messed up totally, QoS not working at all, you can change bandwith upload and download between 0-1000 mbps nothing changes at all, device or aplication priority is crazy :D example if you set priority to device it will lose even more speed. So if you want reach full isp speeds you need make router to configure correctly, but its hard with this software, so I tried factory default restore sever, until my router configures correctly and I get full isp speed, but it tooks a lot of time, so after a lot of researcher of this magnificiant software I found another, faster solution, You just need change internet port negiotiaton settings from auto negiotation to 1000 mbps full dublex until you get your full isp speed, so you just changing between these setings until you get it work properly. I hope it helped.

Options
2022-02-14 17:02:28

@Kevin_Z 

Hi, Im having half of my speed from 500Mbps gone when Im using this AX50. I already factory reset also like that. Please help.

Options
2022-02-14 17:44:30 - last edited 2022-02-14 17:52:49

@Kevin_Z i got my speeds insanely fast again with my AX50. i upgraded my VM gear. changed their crappy coaxial for a higher graded coaxial for extreme stability. and im using high graded cat7 and cat8 ethernet cables. but after changing the coaxial my speeds went through the roof. the only issue i have is VM an their lowsy contract preventing home users getting higher than 1GBs. try getting a kabeldirekt coaxial gold plated low latency and im sure you'll find that you'll get a more stable signal strength. VM engineers will use a typical low budget coaxial that easily degrades and suffers high latency. and try using a superhub 4 in passive mode. if your a Virgin media user. i would not know about BT and their fibre lines unless VM has ditched DOCSIS. im still waiting for TP Link to get of their asses to patch the current firmware to improve the wifi6 as the signal and speeds are not that great. also if you have a gigabit ethernet port monitor your physical downloads along with the CPU usage as their might be some bottleknecking on the CPU preventing your network from reaching full speeds. also turnoff download throttling on most of your apps and hardware. many consoles force throttle so downloading is capped regardless of your contract. also if you are definitely not getting anywhere near your signed contract report it to your ISP as their maybe a fault on the outside box. i had so many issues before i replaced VM's junk. i did have a engineer to come over and realign the signal back outside last year. like i have said monitor your DLS and CPU and now and then use speedtest.net. also using a modem that matches your contract tends to over work it and throttles too. i only got the AX to relieve the stress and random cutoofs i was having on my Super Hub 4. i tried all the tips the community had to offer me and none of it works. so i spent extra on replacing the coaxial and ethernets for better quality. i had to overclock my AMD FX8350 to 4.2GHZ to get my 1GBS because the PC would bottlekneck immediately when a download starts at standard clock of 4.0GHZ. also i bought a TPLINK Wifi Card AX3000 and its actually really good especially for the BT5 but i still use my realtek GB ethernet port.

Options
2022-02-14 22:25:40

@Kevin_Z So after no help from TP Link, I upgraded my laptop at Christmas. I then did some settings investigating on my own and changed a few things on my AX50. All of a sudden, I'm getting the speeds I actually pay for! Grant it, the highest I can get is only 300 Mbps but it beats 40-50 Mbps! The new PC actually has a WiFi 6 card. I'm thinking older systems have a lot to do with capabilities of WiFi 6. But the AX 50 should be backwards compatable. Anyway, thanks for the help (he says facetiously).

Options
2022-03-07 11:52:47

i have set up this router and am noticing very slow wireless speeds, i have 100/20 internet and wireless works flawlessly on newer devices, but on older Lenovo laptop i only get 1mb/s connection at most (meanwhile in old router i was getting 3-4mb/s). Is there any setting im missing ? Im 1m away from the router and connected on 2.4GHz (it doesn't support 5GHz).

Options
2022-03-07 16:37:51 - last edited 2022-03-07 17:01:47

sorry. i'd give out advice but the last guy gave me the finger in sarcasm. im done with 3rd party forums. also there hasn't been any firmware updates for almost a year to bring stability with their archer modems. so i would recommend getting a netgear or a asus modem or such. this brand just as bad as SONY.  @SalinaSJames i left a list in my previous mentions on how to improve the speeds but i got fingered sarcastically by an unhappy individual. also make sure you keep your system and drivers updated on console or PC or phone and such. as they will help improve stability. and thats all i can recommend untill TP still has not got of their asses yet. i check my modem for firmware updates weekly and i still got no patch yet. i gave a list previously on how to improve your connections to your ISP but thats if your okay with a little extra £/$ for stabillity... im using this UGREEN Ethernet Cable High Speed CAT 8 Network Cable Flat 40Gbps 2000MHz POE RJ45 LAN Cable Gigabit Internet Compatible with Switch Xbox One/Series X PS5 PS4 Router Modem TV Box Hub Patch Panel (5M) : Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories. and this KabelDirekt – 3m SAT/TV Cable (75 Ohm HDTV SAT/TV cable, F-type connector – coax connector, coaxial cable for TV, HDTV, radio, DVB-T2, DVB-C, DVB-S) PRO Series: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo and because i had no wireless on my Motherboard i bought this TP-LINK AX3000 Wi-Fi 6 Bluetooth 5.2 PCI Express Adapter with Two Antennas, Intel AX200, PCIe Network Interface Card for Desktop, Low-Profile Bracket Included ( Archer TX3000E) : Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories. and i am rocking a AMD FX8350 8-Core 4.2GHZ for the Speeds im getting along with VM's 1GB contract. my ethernets a Ugreen cat7 or Cat8.people with the new ryzen 7's should overkill my CPU for performance. but im happy with my choice. if i turn off overclockking on my CPU my pc often becomes unstable when doing downloads. and even if i do a speed test without Overclocking my CPU i would not be getting my speeds im paying for. but stabillity to the wall has and did improve when i spent mor cash for improved wiring... also the AX3000 alisted that i bought is running on current supported intel BT5.2 and Wifi6 drivers.

Options
2022-04-15 12:35:33

I've done all the recommended configurations mentioned but I am still getting less than half of the speed provided by my ISP. I should be getting 300 Mbps but am actually getting about 90-100 Mbps. Connecting directly to ISP provider Huawei modem, I get around 290-300 Mbps. Please tell me why I am not getting the correct speed with the Archer AX50!

Kind Regards Soofi ME
Options
2022-04-20 06:07:35

Soofi wrote

I've done all the recommended configurations mentioned but I am still getting less than half of the speed provided by my ISP. I should be getting 300 Mbps but am actually getting about 90-100 Mbps. Connecting directly to ISP provider Huawei modem, I get around 290-300 Mbps. Please tell me why I am not getting the correct speed with the Archer AX50!

@Soofi Can I have the negotiation speed between the AX50 and the Huawei modem that is displayed on the AX50 web? Can I also have the model of the Huawei modem? When did you purchase the AX50, and when did the issue occur?

Options
Related Articles