Slow speed on Archer AX50

Slow speed on Archer AX50

55 Reply
Re:Slow speed on Archer AX50
2022-09-20 12:45:25

For me the last problem was that my wired PC had priority ON. This limited my tests to about 200Mbps.

Options
2022-10-13 16:04:34

@Kevin_Z 

THANK YOU! We have been struggling for months trying to determine where the speed loss was occurring. The QOS download speed was set to 20! We were getting 17 on each device. We pay for 50. I know, not high speed but 50 meets our needs, 17 did not. 

Thanks for posting this. I wish I'd come across it sooner. 

Options
Re:[Solution] Slow speed on Archer AX50
2022-12-07 18:34:30

@quinzero  Ty so much! Your comment should be tagged everywhere! Solved just fine! @tplink until today this problem isnt fixed...lame... Regards

quinzero wrote

OK, i switch to access point, to check the speed, perfect. I switch back to router mode, and then, everything's fine !! i got my 1gb speed, don't understand why but it works !

Options
2022-12-07 18:48:09

@The_Greenman It happened with me too. I turned it off and on with hardware button, used tplinkwifi.net and switched back just fine. Before i changed QoS and nothing...now with this fix i got my 1Gb connection ^^

The_Greenman wrote

@quinzero I'm glad it worked for you because I read your tip today and tried it and as soon as I switched local access point I kicked out of the router and I couldn't login to the admin page via llaptop or iPhone.  I tried everything I could.  I had to do a factory reset and then set up my network along with an extender from scratch.  It sucked.

Options
2022-12-08 04:34:51
The best solution is don't go for TP Link products. Worst support for EAP Devices. i have 28 EAP all of them worst performance ever.
Kind Regards Soofi ME
Options
2022-12-20 21:59:37

@Yueh so, the previous fix was temporary. Now i introduced 1023999kbps in QoS with standard setting and Solved it. When i introduced 999.9mbps nothing happened. Now this router assumes a 1000.0 mbps connection on QoS with full duplex setting in system parameters. Hope it helps someone too. Regards

Options
2022-12-20 22:16:32

@Yueh so you just entered that value and it worked?

Options
2023-01-29 04:40:07

Right away within an hour of being online, the connection speed was ridiculous. I replaced my AX10 with AX50 for the LAG feature.
Speedtest.net confirmed the connection speed super slow. So I figure this is QoS.

QoS > Application Priority

Top "Total Bandwidth". This setting is no joke, and it seems to literally control the bandwidth flow immediately
I set the manual speed to 995.0/995.0 Mbps (Im on 1GB internet/ISP)

While I cap @ 445-550 up, this is more than enough. Just thought I would throw a "I set up this up an hour ago and noticed, but here's what I did.."

---

SIDE note - Why does the (dual-core) Intel processor inside run so much warmer than the last Broadcom chip (tri-core) chip? This unit is toasty.

Options
2023-07-08 17:53:36 - last edited 2023-07-08 18:01:18

Hello all,

I tried really all options I found on internet to bring this device into normal behavior...to get speeds which are far below Tp-Link Archer AX50 standards.

To sum it up...  ISP is 500 / 500 Mbits, confirmed by direct connection without this router using cat5e cable.

With this router on the way, it was sometimes 100 / 300, other times 280 / 500, now 100 / 350 Mbits, still on the Cat5e cable (tried several ones).

Ridiculous behavior of "QoS"...  never saw worse implementation, I would fire the developer or rather the one who told him to program it in this way. And then never fix it. But ok, one will Google it sooner or later that this is just stupidity of TP-Link and try to avoid it and use standard settings + define ISP speeds in that dialog.

For some, it will fix the speeds, for some (me) not.

You try all those stranger things like define the Bandwidth speeds in Kbps and Mbps because you don trust TP-Link devs anymore and who know...  woodoo things are already in place...   restarting router...    factory resetting it...   both ways you can do it from the Web UI..... setting all things up...   to get again same low speeds...  different, but still low...  Changing mode to AP and back (helped some users, not me) etc...  as I said, woodoo things, praying, killing goats to make it work... 

Other update to even older.. nothing changes..  update to newest one...  again on 100 / 300...

So you try to figure out if you really have right firmware, even though Web UI says it is up to date, but from those firmware version showing up you will not realize what version you actually have when comparing TP - Link site for that router. Numbers are not matching, all is different. How crazy is that.  Ok,  you want to try to force most up-to-date firmware by directly downloading it, installing...  it even does not tell you that you are installing something same, older etc, it simply place something in the AX50 and after restart you can see just different firmware numbers - not matching TP link support page of course, who would think it would? 

..and speeds are still bad...

Do not buy guys this Archer AX50 ever!

Maybe if you have 30 / 30 in your home... I would happily sell it to you. I would not recommend anyone wanting to have 100+ internet.

You may have luck and all would work, and you may have not.

Cheers, hope all of you have better experience.

Petr

Options
2023-07-08 18:03:22

@PetrE123 

And f*** me twice as the message above could not be sent because "there are links to other content"...   fu** me...   how stupid is even this forum...  no links were posted, just "angry dots" like this.......

Options
Related Articles