Deco M5 parental controls, can't block YouTube

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M5 parental controls, can't block YouTube

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
23 Reply
Re:Deco M5 parental controls, can't block YouTube
2021-08-09 23:59:33

@awalton 

The whole reason I bought this was to block sites like YouTube, but it doesn't. 

@TP-Link  find me a solution. Mine is both PC based and App on a phone, and it just doesn't work. My next step it to hit social media for a solution and/or tpo warn people looking at the system that it doesn't do what is promised. 

Options
2021-08-11 02:56:23

@AD42 

Hi, Deco M9 plus is ok to block YouTube.

And I see that your Deco is Deco M9 Plus-V2-1.2.11 and the latest firmware is 1.5.1 now.

Please try to update to the latest firmware first:

Deco M9 Plus(US)_V2_1.5.1_210126

Deco M9Plus_2.0_upgrade_tool_v1.2.0_Windows

After the firmware upgrade, please create a new parental control profile and test it on the device again.

Please make sure the network browsing history has been cleared before testing.

Just a small notice: Did you use any Circle firewall in your home network?

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-09-04 11:29:28 - last edited 2021-09-04 11:29:51

I am having exactly the same problem. Blocking of youtube is not working. If I am not able to block the youtube then my whole purpose of buying DECO X60 is defeated. Please find the solution

Options
2021-09-04 21:33:36

@TP-Link I have sent that log. 

This really should be easier - YouTube, and some URLs appear in his Insights, but clicking on the block button doesn't work. Given this is the reason I bought this system, you need to find a workaround or change your advertising to just say fast WiFi but no ability to block.   

Options
2021-09-04 21:35:21
How do I do that update when the update screen says I have the latest verson?
Options
2021-09-04 23:50:21

@TP-Link Do you reckon you could make this any harder. All my virus detectors go nuts when I download the app and then it just disappears. 

Options
2021-09-08 08:32:40

@AD42 

Hi, I see that the firmware is up to date(1.5.1) now and you have submitted a support ticket, and please refer to the troubleshooting via email so they could forward your case to the senior engineers for further assistance.

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:Deco M5 parental controls, can't block YouTube-Solution
2021-09-08 09:20:28 - last edited 2021-09-08 09:20:52

@awalton 

Hi, if anyone had the same issue, parental control could not block certain websites(like Youtube), please refer to the following suggestions:

1. What are the websites or APPs you wish to block?

--please test this website on TrendMicro (https://global.sitesafety.trendmicro.com/) and make sure you have its category blocked.

2. Manually add this website/APP under the profile.

3. Please go to profiles>insights>history and click this website and block it for your device.

4. If you still can access the blocked website, please switch the browser to incognito mode and check again in case it is DNS caches.

Note:

If all the blocked profiles did not work, please also the following settings:

---Whether you have private address enabled since parental control feature won't take effect because the device's MAC address has changed.

--- If there are any firewall programs, like Circle, please disconnect it from Deco since it would cause conflict with Parental control.

After trying the above suggestions, you still have the same issue, please send a ticket to support.forum@tp-link.com with the subject [Forum ID 257576] Parental controls can't block certain websites.

Thank you very much.

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-09-08 09:27:09

@dbazone 

Hi, could you please refer to the recommended suggestions above to do some basic troubleshooting?

Options
2021-09-10 13:49:22

@awalton  I also have this problem. I have tried all kinds of URL options and suggestions, and settings but nothing stops YouTube in Chrome on any device.

Options
Related Articles