SIM Card not Found?
2021-04-21 06:25:42 - last edited 2022-09-06 08:56:27
Model: TL-MR6400  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

This Article Applies to:

All 4G LTE Routers

Issue Description/Phenomenon:

Customers may find that the SIM Card Status displays a 'NO SIM card detected' error (pictures as below) when they inserted the SIM card into the 4G router, follow these steps:

Troubleshooting Suggestions:

Some key points: Please pay close attention to the SIM card as the metal clamp that "secures it" closes and see if the act of closing pushes the SIM Card out of alignment.

For more details, please refer to the information shared by#36 @string 

• Restart the router with the SIM card inserted.
  • Reset the router by pressing and holding the RESET pinhole for 10s until all LED lights flash off then back on.
  • Put the sim card into a smartphone, confirm that it is working well on the phone.
  • Try using another SIM card if that is possible.

If none of the above helps to make the SIM card detect correctly, Please comment below with the following information:

- A picture of the bottom label with The model number and hardware version of your 3/4G Gateway:  

(Especially you have Archer MR400 V4.2, Archer MR200 v5.2, TL-MR6400 v5.2, and TL-MR100 v1.2, Thank you in advance. )

- The SIM card carrier:

- Would there be any damage to the Micro SIM Card Slot before, such as the SIM card being stuck in and not able to be taken out?

- How long have you had the device, and when did this issue start?

- Was there any firmware upgrade before no sim card was detected?

Options
65 Reply
Re:[Toubleshooting] SIM Card not Found?
2021-05-10 17:21:20

@TP-Link hello my problem is too 

I did all the above steps and the SIM card is safe and this happened after the firmware upgrade and it has been about 1 day this problem

Options
2021-05-18 08:02:53

@ranjbar 

If you have already tried all the suggestions listed on this thread, but the router still cannot detect the SIM card, you need to contact the local support to be advised on the following procedure:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support

Options
2021-05-18 10:19:33

@TP-Link 

This has just started happening to me with the new SIM card I was provided with by my new ISP. I've had my MR6400 for years and used a number of different SIM cards, all with no problem before now. So I suspect the problem is the new SIM card (it is perhaps slimmer/thinner than previous ones). A reboot usually resolves the problem, but not always first time.

I did once have this 'no card found' problem when I used the TP-Link provided SIM card adaptor and a nano SIM - it was clear then that the adaptor was thicker than the SIM and so, I guess, prevented it from making a good contact with the modem. Once I put the nano SIM into a different, slimer, adaptor everything was ok.

Might I suggest to people having this problem that, if they are using the TP-Link provided adaptor, to try a different one. Your SIM card might be OK, it's just not making a good contact.

Options
2021-05-22 14:36:33

@TP-Link its the sim slot problem ( i have face 3 times same problem) they designed so badly, if you insert sim in reverse for one time also, yor slim slot will get damage and will not detect anymore,  you have to send to replacement log a call or  replace if its under 7 days return policy..be carefull while inserting sim...

Options
Re:[Troubleshooting] SIM Card not Found?
2021-06-25 15:12:55
i check eveything and its append only when i use zoom. and after reboot its ok for unknown time
Options
2021-06-28 06:25:17

@sharkany 

Can you explain the issue in details, then we can investigate? Thank you.

Options
2021-06-28 08:59:14
I mack all the checks with the sim as you send me . and its work ok no problem with the sim . when I reboot tje router it start to work immediately . I allso up date the Firmware Version to 1.12.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 190730 RC.59984n Hardware Version: Archer MR400 v3 00000001 and only when I use Zoom after some time it can be some HOurs the router stop and say he dont see the sim / thanks
Options
2021-07-02 07:44:41

@sharkany 

It seems your issue is not related to this topic, you can check this topic we provided:

[Troubleshooting] LTE keeps disconnecting

Options
2021-07-05 14:58:15

@Kevin_Z . i appdate the firmeware and the router didnt see the sim at all /

i take out the sim and put it in aphone and its work great so no problem at all with the sim . i use the phone as a hotspot and use allso the zoom alot and still no problem / 

Options
2021-07-07 11:26:45

@sharkany 

Can we have the screenshot about the Status page on the MR400 when the internet is not available? Please DON'T reboot the router, try to pull out the SIM card from the slot then insert it back in if it displays "SIM card is not detected" on the Status page to check if the internet will be back.

BTW, please send us the whole system log on the MR400 before and after the disconnect, but don't reboot the router, we will confirm.

Options

Information

Helpful: 8

Views: 46356

Replies: 65

Related Articles