Archer C50 bridge mode?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C50 bridge mode?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Archer C50 bridge mode?
Archer C50 bridge mode?
2021-05-12 13:39:44 - last edited 2021-05-13 07:26:13

Hello,

I am hopeful that the Archer C50 in bridge mode will do what I need, but I'm not certain and would be grateful for any suggestions.

In my house my primary 4G modem + wifi router is in one bedroom, without any Ethernet cabling in or out of the room.

In a second bedroom, well in range of the primary wifi, the previous owners ran a cable through the wall going outside to an outbuilding / shed.

What I hope to do is put Archer C50 in the second bedroom, connected to the primary wifi bridging it via Ethernet to the outbuilding, where I'll put a simple wifi range extender in access point mode to create wifi network for that area of the yard.

Will that work?  I've found a lot about mesh networks with Ethernet backhaul, which seems to have some similarities to this plan but I don't think I need a full mesh setup. I don't mind if the outside wifi is on a different network than inside the house as long as the bridge give it access to the internet.

Thank you!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer C50 bridge mode?-Solution
2021-05-12 15:27:18 - last edited 2021-05-13 07:26:13

@Samus 

According to your current C50 FW version :

you can set C50 in Range Extender mode:

or if it's with an older FW version use the WDS option:

Thus you'll connect to the main router wi-fi and extend its wireless coverage. Further using the existing ethernet cable you can put a range extender in AP mode or another inexpensive router in AP mode to extend the wireless coverage in this yard area.

You'll be within the same network with all devices, so no double NAT introduced in your local network.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer C50 bridge mode?-Solution
2021-05-12 15:27:18 - last edited 2021-05-13 07:26:13

@Samus 

According to your current C50 FW version :

you can set C50 in Range Extender mode:

or if it's with an older FW version use the WDS option:

Thus you'll connect to the main router wi-fi and extend its wireless coverage. Further using the existing ethernet cable you can put a range extender in AP mode or another inexpensive router in AP mode to extend the wireless coverage in this yard area.

You'll be within the same network with all devices, so no double NAT introduced in your local network.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Archer C50 bridge mode?
2021-05-12 17:58:03

@terziyski 

That's excellent, thank you very much!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4410

Replies: 2

Related Articles