Network is always congested according to the Network Optimization on the Deco app

Network is always congested according to the Network Optimization on the Deco app

58 Reply
Re:[Solution] Network aways congested according to the Network Optimization on the Deco app
2021-11-24 15:07:16

@TP-Link Deco M4 here with latest firmware. Every time I scan with Network Optimization, it says that the network needs optimizing, even if I optimized it a few moments before. Could be a bug, but I think we would all like some kind of report on what problems the scan found, so we know what's going on.

Options
Re:[Solution] Network aways congested according to the Network Optimization on the Deco app
2021-12-14 16:07:32

@TP-Link 

Hello,

I'm having performance issues on my deco X20 system.

I have three Deco X20 (1.5.0 build 20210121 Ref.54794) connected through ethernet in AP mode. I have 500mbit from my internet supplier and normally I have similar speed through wifi near the satellites but now sometimes the performance falls down under 20 Mbits. The only way to solve is through the network optimization feature in the Decos app. When I do this performance goes to normal and reach expected speed but after a while (sometimes just minutes) I get the same deterioration... the network optimization feature in the app says again WIfi channel is congested...

I only have around 24 devices connected to wifi. I need the system working properly without constant speed deterioration.

Is there something I can do?

Is there an frw upgrade to solve the issue?

Regards,

Mata

Options
2021-12-15 06:12:28

@Mata1972 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Could you please help me check the following information:

1. Did you have the same issue next to the main Deco?

2. For the 24 devices, how many 2.4ghz devices do you have and what are they?

3. If possible, could you please turn off the 2.4ghz for a while and test whether the speed will drop on 5ghz?

Moreover is your Deco connected in the following way:

ISP modem router---<wired>main Deco X20---<wired>---RE-X20-1----<wired>--RE--X20-2

/-----<wired>---RE-X20-1

or ISP modem router---<wired>main Deco X20---switch-

\----<wired>--RE-X20-2

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-12-15 10:17:38

@TP-Link 

Hi,

I have removed the power from the main Deco and re-power again and things are more stable now but don't know for how long.

Wifi connections and speed are stable near the satellites since i did it yesterday night.

Below you can find the answers:

1. No, the issue is only on the satellites. Wifi near main Deco was OK.

2. Wifi devices (28x)

5 Ghz (13 devices)

IOS devices 5x
camera 1x 
Laptops 3x
speakers 4x 

2.4 Ghz (15 devices)

Vacuum 1x
printer 1x
apple watch 1x 
outlet/lights 7x
ac 5x

3. Connection

ISP modem router---<wired>main Deco X20---switch-

\----<wired>--RE-X20-2

Options
2021-12-16 03:33:52

@Mata1972 

Thank you very much for your kind reply.

In this way, I will try to follow up on your case via email.

Later if the same issue started again, please feel free to update the email.

And the network optimization feature will keep being improved along with firmware upgrades.

Options
2021-12-27 01:24:42

@TP-Link 

I am having similar issues with my Deco x90 Wifi at home:

1. I have 2x Deco x90 devices. 

2. 2x one downstairs (main) and one upstairs

3. I have 24 connected clients

4. After a while my 2.4Ghz clients (especially Sonos speakers, IoT) drop off the network and cannot be contacted. I have tried to ping them but no response. When I go into my deco app and do a scan on homeshield the network performance is always congested. As soon as I resolve/optimize the 2.4Ghz clients come back online and respond to ping immediately. Then degradation happens again over a random period of time, sometimes a few hours, sometimes I get a week of it being fine. But in my Deco App, no matter how many times I scan my network, its always congested and needs to be resolved.

I have the deco's connected as follows   ISP Modem --> Deco x90 (Downstairs) --> Deco x90 (Upstairs)

Options
2021-12-27 08:09:27

@bgla1337 

Hi, welcome to the community.

I tend to think the congested network is more like a false alarm.

And I do wish you could help me get more details about your case.

1. Apart from the Sonos speakers, what are the other 2.4ghz clients that you have?

2. there are some suggestions for your reference:

• Turn off the fast roaming and beamforming on the Deco APP.
  • Turn off the Mesh Technology for these devices.
  • Try to create a guest network for 2.4ghz only and move some of the IOT devices to the guest network, then check whether the connection is a little stable.
Options
2022-01-02 22:08:07

@TP-Link same issue with my X20 it's annoying as it impacts particularly badly on Ring devices, so cameras drop out. 
Can there be a config item to automatically change, perhaps with a configurable time or interval. 

Options
2022-01-17 23:42:24

@TP-Link just wanted to add that I'm experiencing the issue with network optimizing saying my frequency is congested. I just installed 2x S4 today, updated to latest version of your firmware, 1.5.0. Only 4-5 devices connected:

2x iPhone

LG TV

Vaccuum (asleep most of the time)

ChromeCast

In my world that shouldn't be very crowded.

Kind regards,

Dennis

Options
2022-01-18 12:43:37

@TP-Link 

Hello

I keep having this issue. I currently have 

1X X20

3X M5

3X S4 

Always says network has to be optimised. Devices keep dropping off the network, Wi-Fi is slow, app keeps saying decos have disconnected from the network, no internet.

I do have around 89 devices connected. I used to have 6X E4 and never had this problem. 

Options

Tags

Official Highlighted Thread
Network Optimization