Network is always congested according to the Network Optimization on the Deco app

Network is always congested according to the Network Optimization on the Deco app

58 Reply
Re:[Solution] Network aways congested according to the Network Optimization on the Deco app
2022-01-30 13:38:54

@TP-Link 

Model : Deco M9 plus

nodes: 3

number of. Connected devices: 15 to 20

Issue: Connection to my work laptop is always flaky.. so many disconnections and reconnections every 2 minutes

Options
Re:[Solution] Network aways congested according to the Network Optimization on the Deco app
2022-01-30 14:32:15

@vsDecoM9 

Is your work network wired to Deco,or connected to wifi?

If it is connected to wifi, please try to disable the Mesh Technology on the Deco APP for the laptop.

And is the laptop the only device got affected?

Have you tried to make address reservation for the PC?

Options
2022-01-30 14:37:57

@TP-Link 

Is your work network wired to Deco,or connected to wifi?   Connected to wifi 

If it is connected to wifi, please try to disable the Mesh Technology on the Deco APP for the laptop. (when it was connected to the main deco i turned off the mesh technology)

And is the laptop the only device got affected? (i can observe this disconnection only on laptop, the global protect software installed by my company disconnects as soon as my wifi signal lost, this is what shown me there is an issue)

Have you tried to make address reservation for the PC?  Not sure how to do this

Options
2022-02-13 16:14:28

@TP-Link 

Salut la team,

Je viens ajouter mon grain de sel et ma deception des X90.

J'avais 3 X60 et tout mon petit monde marchait plutot bien, par petit monde j'entend 3 teles, deux PC, 3 iphones, 2 tablettes android, une combo laser/scanner et divers appareils electromenager et de domotique...

J'avais a faire une optimisation reseau par mois en moyenne lorsque les debit baissaient anormalement...

J'ai decidé de tout remplacer par des X90 (toujours 3) pour avoir plus de debit et de stabilité,  avec grosso modo les memes appareils connectés... grosse erreur ... depuis je dois au moins faire une optimisation par jour, quand c'est pas 2 ou 3 sinon le debit chute drastiquement ... et au moins un redemmarage du X90 principal par semaine.... 

Comme quoi le mieux est parfois l'ennemi du bien.... 

Bref je vais rechanger l'ensemble car le service technique est incapable de me donner ni une explication ni une solution, mais une chose est certaine ca ne sera pas pour du TPLink.

Options
2022-03-26 06:27:30

@TP-Link I just installed 2 x90s to my home network of 5 X60s and 5M5s, mto which around 60 devices are attached.

After installing the X90s as the Main and another satellite, we kept on getting the networt congested needs to be optimized issue.

What should we do? we are really at a loss. Before, it was all plug and play and you optimize when congested and for a long time things run smoothly.

Please advise what we can do. thank you!

Options
2022-03-29 08:48:00

@bp64 

Hi, have you noticed any network performance issues when the network optimization said congested?

If not, it is more like a false alarm.

By the way, now there are 12 Deco nodes in the Mesh network, are they all wirelessly connected to the main Deco X90, or some of them are wired?

Would it be possible to share a picture of your network layout with me?

Thank you very much.

Options
2022-03-29 10:09:15

@David-TP 

Hi David, thank you for your response. Here is my reply to your questions:

have you noticed any network performance issues when the network optimization said congested? 

If not, it is more like a false alarm.

--- My son, who does a lot of gaming, has been telling me that it causes latency.

By the way, now there are 12 Deco nodes in the Mesh network, are they all wirelessly connected to the main Deco X90, or some of them are wired?

---- They are all wirelessly connected, some not directly to the main Deco x90. I live in a 20-year old concrete house.

Would it be possible to share a picture of your network layout with me?

---Please see attached below.

Any suggestions/assistance to help us speed up performance would be most welcome. Thank you very much.

Regards

Options
2022-04-02 03:32:14

@bp64 

Thank you very much for the message.

Normally under a pure wireless backhaul Mesh network, we recommend no more than 10 Deco units in the network to ensure Wi-Fi performance. Also, we recommend no more than three hops in the networks.

How many Deco units can I add to my Deco mesh network?

Would there be any chance that you can wire some of the satellite units, especially those which are far away from the main Deco X90 or have many clients connected?

Options
2022-04-17 13:03:22 - last edited 2022-04-17 13:04:17

Model: Deco M5 Hardware Version: Firmware Version: 1.5.7

Hi. First time poster... :-) Like others have experienced, I'm having trouble with the optimisation feature on my Deco M5s. I couldn't see a solution when searching the forums, so thought I'd reach out to the community!

I'm running 5 x Deco M5s in my house connected to a 5G router (whose own WiFi has been disabled.) I should be getting around 300 mbps download and 40 mbps upload speeds, but surfing the Internet on phones and computers appears to be really slow and clunky. Every time I run the optimisation feature on the Deco app, it says my network is congested, so I click the option to fix it. If I re-run the optimisation feature again a few minutes later (because surfing the Internet is still laboured) the Deco app says it needs running again. This goes on all day long. It's really frustrating!

I have about 40+ devices connected to the Deco network (including Alexas, smart cameras/doorbells, smart plugs, Philips Hue lighting, etc.) running over both 2.4 and 5 GHz. I guess this is a lot, but I thought the Deco M5 could handle it.

I'd be grateful for any thoughts or advice anyone may have. Thanks 👍🏻

Options
2022-04-20 07:59:54

@TP-Link why is ther optimisation not done automatically? Deco could scan the network quality frequently and optimize if in a non-optimal state.

Options

Tags

Official Highlighted Thread
Network Optimization