Powerline Extender Acting as the DHCP server

Powerline Extender Acting as the DHCP server

200 Reply
Re:[Solution] Powerline Extender Acting as the DHCP server
2022-01-21 17:51:00

@Jvmd

how can I open the file and extract that file for editing?
Options
2022-01-21 18:09:37

@Jvmd

I answer myself. With 7-zip. With WinRAR does not work. Thank you
Options
2022-01-21 18:12:28

@Solla-topee THIS ONE IS ALSO INTERESTING. WHERE ARE YOU? HAS MOVED OUT OF TOWN...

Options
2022-01-21 18:44:38 - last edited 2022-01-21 18:46:08

@Solla-topee

these two are also very interesting.
this is the "smart" ddns? Good thing I've been taking the gateway away from you for a long time:
Options
2022-01-25 06:48:27

@Zoltar74  @Jvmd 
I wish I could help with your inquiries, those are related to software programming which is beyond my knowledge, you could reach our engineer on the support email (TKID21062447 for Jmvd ; TKID210802740 for Zoltar74) to discuss further.  Appreciated for your understanding

Options
2022-01-25 07:35:49 - last edited 2022-01-25 07:39:52

@Zoltar74  @Jvmd  @PC_60 @dunxd 

Hello everyone, 

Thank you for your continued feedback and patience. I reached out to our team again recently and here are some updated information. 

1>  There will be more new beta firmware to turn DHCP off (by setting up static IP to turn off DHCP, not affected by PLC powering off or reboot).  As this involves many Powerline models, the detailed ETA is not yet confirmed, (noted the priority for the models being frequently discussed in community) I will update on this thread for if there are any new beta firmware come to me.

Please leave your device model & hardware version & case description if you are new to this thread.  

2>  The request/ suggestion of adding the independent DHCP feature (DHCP ON/OFF feature) has been considered on some powerline line models,  for which model is still under planning and unclear to us.  As I learned about, the current planned model is TL-WA8631P V2 and the new firmware with this feature is under test stage. Usually official firmware test stages could be very long to insure the firmware stability and be suitable for all users, it is recommend to keep an eye on our official website for new firmware release. 

Best Regards

Options
2022-02-01 15:58:08 - last edited 2022-02-01 16:00:57

@Solla-topee 

Thanks for your reply. 

Solla-topee wrote

1>  There will be more new beta firmware to turn DHCP off (by setting up static IP to turn off DHCP, not affected by PLC powering off or reboot).  As this involves many Powerline models, the detailed ETA is not yet confirmed, (noted the priority for the models being frequently discussed in community) I will update on this thread for if there are any new beta firmware come to me.

Please leave your device model & hardware version & case description if you are new to this thread.  

Edited:

• When will this be available for TL-WPA8630(EU) v2?  
  • And secondly: Releasing new beta firmware is good, but when will this functionality finally be available in production firmware?

Solla-topee wrote

2>  The request/ suggestion of adding the independent DHCP feature (DHCP ON/OFF feature) has been considered on some powerline line models,  for which model is still under planning and unclear to us.  As I learned about, the current planned model is TL-WA8631P V2 and the new firmware with this feature is under test stage. Usually official firmware test stages could be very long to insure the firmware stability and be suitable for all users, it is recommend to keep an eye on our official website for new firmware release. 

I've searched this thread, and have not found anybody mentioning the TL-8631P V2 model. Why would you focus on that model?

Options
2022-02-27 20:10:23

@Solla-topee 

Hello - I am having this exact issue with my WPA-9610. Can you please provide a beta firmware that allows me to disable smart DHCP? Thanks.

1. It's occurred after a power outage affecting the router and also when the internet has temporarily gone down.

2. Yes, working fine. I unplugged and plugged in the affected powerline adapter and now everything is working. But this issue has happened multiple times, need a fix.

3. Powerline leds are all green

4. ISP modem = technicolor (not sure model)

router = Pakedge RK1

affected powerline device is WPA9610 1.0. I have two of those + PA9020 2.0 + PA9020P 30

5. Devices connected: iPhones, MacBook pros, Apple TV, nest cams

6. WPA 9610 1.0 firmware: 1.0.0 Build 20170324 Rel.68659

Options
2022-03-08 19:10:46

@Solla-topee 

So by email there was said to be new firmware by March.  We're at the 8th March, that is well over a year since this fiasco started and people asked for a proper firmware fix.

Frankly I do not care if there is a switch to switch on and off the DHCP feature.  TPLink made devices that didn't have the feature before and there is absoilutely NO EXCUSE for not being able to adapt the firmware from older powerline devices to give simple WiFi or Ethernet connection without the DHCP garbage being in the firmware AT ALL.

It is no longer reasonable for TPLink to be giving excuses like needing testing time, stop faffing about and fix the firmware or be hoinest and say that you don't give a damn about the customers who bought the product.

Options
2022-04-04 16:08:59

@Solla-topee 

Hardware version: TL-WPA4220 5.0

Firmware: 1.0.1 Build 210305 Rel.64377n (6985)

Same problem here as other users. I'm really quite worried because you don't offer any solution.  It does not matter if you disable Wi-Fi and only use rj45, it constantly gives problems, it constantly loses the network.  It takes forever to get the network back.

Will you offer any real solution one day?  Should I throw this device in the trash?  Are you going to update us the information someday?  Offer us a real solution now!

It's really outrageous

Options
Related Articles