can't reconnect to the extender when I leave the house without turning off the wi-fi in advance

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

can't reconnect to the extender when I leave the house without turning off the wi-fi in advance

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-26 13:58:06
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version: 201029

Alright, so, as the title says, every time I leave the house without turning my wi-fi off beforehand, it's almost certain that when I come back my cell phone (Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge with no other connection problems) will not be able to reconnect to the extender.

In contrast, any other laptops or cellphones that stay at home remain connected and I keep using them normally (while connected to the extender of course).

However, the mobile just can't reconnect unless I press the extender's button so that it reinstates the connection with the router (disconnecting all the other devices in the mean time of course).

I have updated the extender to the latest firmware and my cell phone doesn't have any other connection problems other than this inability to reconnect to the extender without me turning off the wi-fi before I leave its range. 

As a result I can't find a solution to this problem other than pressing the extender's button and waiting for a few minutes everytime until it reconfigures so that all the devices, including the mobile, can reconnect. You can imagine how annoying that can be when I leave the house two or three times a day, without minding about the wi-fi being on or off obviously.

So, what do you suggest? Thanks in advance. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 292

Replies: 0