M5 Deco blocks certain devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-28 07:02:19
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi. 
Recent, I've configured a DECO M5 mesh and I've set up a main network and a guest network. Two of my devices are still connected to guest network (one smart plug and one computer with wireless adapter). 
A few days ago there was a power failure. After that, those two devices cannot connect to the network. With the computer, I've tried to connect also to the main wireless network, but still unsuccesfully. In the troubleshooting of the windows, it says that is a problem with DNS. I've tried all the solutions from the internet, but still the same. I've tried to plug in the wireless adapter to another computer but still no connection to internet. 

All other devices works just fine (phones, tablet, laptops), but none of them will work with the wireless adapter. I've also tried with another wireless adapter, but still the same. 

I guess the DECO blocks the mac addresses from those two devices, but I cannot find anything in the setup of DECO. 

Help sad

Options
3 Reply
Re:M5 Deco blocks certain devices
2021-05-31 07:55:11

@spsmarius 

Hi, May I know the model number of the smart plug and the model number as well as the model of the wireless adapter on the computer?

Have you tried to change the DNS on the computer to have a look:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/1855/

And if you go to Deco APP>More>blacklist and is there any device on the list?

Thank you and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-05-31 08:07:41

@TP-Link 

Smart Plug: TP-LINK HS110

Wireless adapter: TP-LINK TL-WN725N and alternative is ASUS N10 NANO

On the blacklist there are no devices, i've checked. 

The DNS is also obtained automatically. I've entered the DNS addresses manually on PC and still not working. Now, the PC is connected through cable in a switch, it works, but is uncomfortable due to cable use. 

My guess is that the 2.4GHz band is faulty. I mean, all the devices like phones and laptops are using 5GHz band and they all work fine (2-300 Mbps bandwidth) and all the cable devices (TV's, cloud) works flawless. 

Options
2021-06-01 02:23:27

@spsmarius 

Hi,That would be a reasonable guess.

May I know how long have you had the Deco M5?

Could you please have a following test as well:

1. Since you mentioned there was a guest network before, please try to enable the guest network for 2.4ghz only with a different SSID and check whether the HS110 and the TL-WN725N could be able to connect to the guest;

Thank you and wait for your reply.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 520

Replies: 3

Related Articles