I need help access tplinkwifi.net after change to access point mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-07 15:09:35 - last edited 2021-06-08 02:21:22
Model: Archer C54  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi!

I got this new wifi router today and want it work as an Access Point. Following instruction, i set up my device through quick setup, tplinkwifi.net, then i switched mode to access point instead of the default router mode. The device then restarted with some texts telling me to go to tplinkwifi.net after it s on again.

But after restarting the decice, the management page tplinkwifi.net became inaccessible, instead i got :

I also tried ip address 192.168.0.1, my browser kept loading till timed out. 192.168.1.1 returned my default existing router's interface, so its my old router setting, not this new device as an access point i want

My pc and phone can connect to this new access point normally, wired or wireless. But i want to access to the management web page to change setting whenever i want, like changing pass, or enable/disable 2.4GHz... Please could anyone tell me how to do that, or did i set something wrong!?

Thanks!

Options
2 Reply
Re:I need help access tplinkwifi.net after change to access point mode
2021-06-08 03:27:40 - last edited 2021-06-08 04:31:00

@veryfatcat 

One of the DHCP clients should be the IP address of your new AP (C54) - it's IP is in the same subnet as the main router - 192.168.1.X.

You can determine which is the IP address by the MAC address on the bottom sticker of the C54 and reference it to the MAC addresses in that table.

When you find it's IP address log into the AP management interface, configure with Static IP (192.168.1.254 for example), not Smart IP (DHCP), so on every power outage or reboot it could retain it's IP address.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:I need help access tplinkwifi.net after change to access point mode
2021-06-10 02:14:52

@terziyski thanks!

Alternatively, i found a way to manage it by using app Tether. Not what i expected, but it worked nicely despite its limit in function.

I may need more utilities in the future so I will try out your suggested sollution soon.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 711

Replies: 2

Related Articles