Zoom or Microsoft Teams frozen or hanging when connected to Deco

Zoom or Microsoft Teams frozen or hanging when connected to Deco

25 Reply
Re:Zoom or Microsoft Teams frozen or hanging when connected to Deco
2022-11-28 11:19:29 - last edited 2022-11-28 11:21:18

@TP-Link Same issue here with Deco M9, audio and video is hanging. People on the other side of the meeting complain my sound is interrupted. Tried options as mentioned in this topic, with no result. But it also seems illogical to me to switch off the unique selling points for which I bought the M9 setup in the first place.
I'm hoping to see this issue resolved rather sooner than later, as this gives a not workable situation for me, working from home.

Options
2023-01-19 07:55:14 - last edited 2023-01-19 07:58:19

@Schapie same problem here, with my Deco M9 set. (4 stations with the wired backhaul connected) I had just a teams meeting with my manager. In a 15 minute conversation teams stutters three times. (Even my laptop camera was turned off!)  This is a problem that exist now for more than over a year now. I'm sitting 4 meters away from the main deco unit without anything that could interfere.For you info i have tried different recent laptops (HP/Lenovo etc ) all have the same problem. 

I have increased the priority of the device but it doesn't make any difference.  Please fix this asap, it's not acceptable.

Options
2023-01-19 15:40:42

I finally had enough and purchased the Eero Pro 6E 3-pack at the recommendation of a friend in IT.  Problem solved.  By the way, they're on sale on Amazon right now.

Options
2023-01-26 01:26:40

@TP-Link 

Same problem for me.  Teams audio drops randomly and I can't hear anything, people on the other end also complain of my audio cutting out. 

Options
2023-07-26 03:03:06

@TP-Link 

Oh dear I have just spent lots of cash to replace my old and broken wifi router. Now experiencing the exact same issue with MS Teams.

Teams works fine on my laptop if I tether to my Android Phone or use a hardwire cable to my switch. yet over the Mesh cannot share screen, video is laggy and poor and audio drops from the get go!

I have logged a support ticket and if this cannot be resolved by retaining the Mesh I will be seeking a full refund!

This appears to have been a known issue since 2020, really TP-LINK ....?

Options
2023-07-26 12:49:02

I have replaced my deco m9 set for three Ubiquiti access points (u6 pro) and the problem is solved. 

Options
2023-12-11 01:36:11

@TP-Link 

Just bought a Deco x50 and i'm facing the very same problem. Doesn't this issue has a solution yet? MS Teams simple lags while on call.

Kind Regards

Options
2023-12-11 03:11:45

@Tiago_Rodrigues 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Do you make Teams Calls on the Windows laptop? How about the wireless adapter on the laptop, for example, Intel AX200/AX210?

It is also suggested to turn off "Mesh Technology" on the Deco APP for the laptop.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/kb/detail/412552#III

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2023-12-15 18:42:22

@David-TP 

Hello.

Thank you for your reply.

Solution simple doesn't work. This is a problem on the mesh network (despite the option you have enabled or disabled), considering that if i connect to my ISP router network, MS teams works perfectly fine. I tried to use all the solutions presented in the forum, but the problem still persists.

I'm extremely frustrated once this is a problem that was identified at least 3 years and users still complaun abou it meaning that not structural solution has been found yet!

Kind regards,

Tiago 

Options
2024-02-26 11:30:24

Hi,

Last week we were doing Zoom webinars several times daily with X50 Deco wireless. On the first day, both the video and sound were almost unusable because of the constant delays, interruptions and stuttering, so I got many complaints.

After experimenting with different options, it turned out that the problem only occurred on the main or internal network, but not on the guest network. So I changed to the Guest network and since then we had excellent webinar quality, both video and sound, in all subsequent webinar sessions. Also I repeated the tests and can confirm that the problems only occurred on the main network and not on the guest network. Other things I tried (e.g. Mesh on or off) did not have any effect.

What is so different between main and guest networks that it can explain this?

Options
Related Articles