Main Deco turned red light

21 Reply
Re:Main Deco turned red light
2023-03-21 13:50:28

@TP-Link I was wondering if the internet is still out

Options
2023-03-21 13:56:39

@23232323232323 I gave up on that router last year when I posted that. Both units are in a box in the garage now. I went back to using my old AC1750 that still works, albeit with worse coverage as a single unit. 

Options
2023-03-25 10:00:32

@TP-Link My deco has red light for more than 24hrs . Tried on and off but still cannot . I'm connected to the wifi but it state there No Internet .

Options
2023-05-01 20:31:24

About 3 years ago I have bought the x20 3 set. I was very happy with it until after 8 months 1 satellite unit got the blinking red led.

I checked the internet and as suggested I placed it next to the main deco so it could reconnect to the mesh network.

After 2 days nothing changed.

Even a TP-link engineer could not help me.

In the last 2+ years I have tried to get it fixed but nothing changed until yesterday.

About a week ago I opened up the satellite deco and tried to inspect the printboard, but nothing notable was seen

I used a alcohol wipe to clean the board a little bit and assembled it back up.

Nothing changed.

Don't ask me why, but I placed it back next to the main deco and let it powered on from then on.

After 3 days I noticed an amber led came on and went back to red blinking. I checked the deco app a noticed the satellite deco was back in the list, but no connection at the moment. 

Yesterday, while watching TV, I noticed the led was green again. The app also showed it back online and suggested the latest firmware update.

Since then I have update the satellite, restarted the satellite and the whole network but it keeps working.

The only 'issue' I have now is that this satellite led won't turn off during the time span I programmed the deco's leds to go off.(led control)

I have no clue why it came back up. All I can say is don't give up and keep the satellite deco powered on next(mine was on top of it) to the main deco and just wait. Maybe you will have the same luck as I had. 

Options
2023-05-04 05:55:34
My wifi is flashing red
Options
2023-05-05 09:06:17

@Maiamanu 

Hi, it is suggested to have a look at this link for more suggestions:

Fix unstable connection when connected to the Deco network

Best regards.

Options
2023-09-20 14:33:51

@TimCO I feel like that. Hours trying to set up deco mesh. About to give up

Options
2023-12-04 19:20:55 - last edited 2023-12-04 19:21:49

@TP-Link This is an everyday issue for me. Any updates yet? as this seems to have been a problem for years..

Very inconvenient, how this issue still persists on brand new routers. A little scammy if you ask me.. 

Options
2024-01-28 09:27:24

@TimCO couldn't agree more. This superior mesh deco is a piece of junk, other than the long range signal it just suck badly. Solid red light all the time, disconnect in between. Why would anyone buy 'DECO' just to RESET it all the effing time when its not working! Waste of $450 for me getting 3 x68. Total piece of junk. 

Options
2024-02-27 22:25:41

@TP-Link I switched the Ethernet cable from port 1 to port 3 as suggested by another user on this thread and that worked for me as well.  I had tried a different cable from the modem to port 1 and that didn't work, but using port 3 for the cable from the modem did the trick.  My question is why did using port 3 resolve the issue (I've been running well over a year with the modem plugged into port 1)?

Options