Trouble getting X20-DSL to work with BT Broadband in UK

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Trouble getting X20-DSL to work with BT Broadband in UK

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
23 Reply
Re:Trouble getting X20-DSL to work with BT Broadband in UK
2021-06-23 14:01:48 - last edited 2021-06-23 14:05:00

@TP-Link 

I haven't returned mine yet - I'm more than happy for your support engineers to get in touch so that we can fix the issue! Please reach out!

[EDIT: just got an email from the support engineers, so will reply to them... I'll update on any progress!)]

Options
2021-06-24 01:06:03

@Jason105 

Great. They will work with you to solve it ASAP.

Options
2021-06-27 16:13:01

@Jason105 any progress at all?

Options
2021-06-28 11:33:57 - last edited 2021-06-28 11:43:42

@StuartHinde 

Hi, have you checked the private message that I sent to you days ago? Was there any updated information that you can provide? 

As far as I can confirm that the support engineers are still working actively with Jason105, we will update here once the issue is confirmed and resolved.

As a workaround, please configure the Deco X20-DSL into wireless router mode, then connect it to the old DSL modem, the internet should be working.

Options
2021-06-28 20:29:40

@StuartHinde  - yes, they're actively troubleshooting to identify what the issue is. They've identified an issue from the logs I believe and are working to investigate the cause. So no solution yet, but I believe progress is being made 🤞.

#WatchThisSpace

Options
Re:Trouble getting X20-DSL to work with BT Broadband in UK-Solution
2021-06-29 16:05:37 - last edited 2021-07-02 06:33:37
@StuartHinde Guinea pig’d some beta firmware today which has solved the problem! I’m now able to connect successfully 👍 So hopefully not too much longer before official firmware can be rolled out to fix! (PS… I’m with EE for mobile service and WiFi calling also seems to be working fine without any extra config needed - I can’t get any phone signal in my house, so always in airplane mode… and was able to make/receive calls OK. Your issue might have been a NAT issue because you were behind two routers whilst DSL wasn’t working?)
Recommended Solution
Options
2021-07-02 21:38:25

@Jason105 Great, I finished returning mine in the end after trying to get through to technical support live chat and them denying it would ever act as a modem (despite me sending photos of the box) but will pick one up again in a few weeks when the update is properly launched.

@TP-Link  Sorry didn't see your message till it was too late!

Options
2021-07-31 11:37:25
Is there a date for when the Deco X20-DSL will be available for purchase?
Options
2021-08-01 11:53:53

@ped212 I got mine from scan.co.uk. Looks like they currently have stock...  But I notice that Tp-Link still lists it as 'Coming Soon' on their site... Hmmm....

If I was to guess, I'd say they are probably in the process of recalling all unsold stock and updating the firmware - hence the limited supply. Probably wouldn't be the best experience for customers if it doesn't work when it's first plugged in :-/

But - since installing the updated firmware, it's been smooth sailing! No issues whatsoever!  yes

Options
2021-08-04 22:01:54

@Jason105 looks like you got lucky.  The numpty I've been dealing with in support, even though I showed them this thread was unable to help and wanted me to go back to my ISP (BT like you). A real shame they have released a product before it actually works with UK ASDL providers.

@Support All I want is the beta firmware to get a fix! I get exactly the same issue as Jason.

@everyone Avoid buying this product until its proven to work with UK broadband suppliers.

Options