Unable to set my Archer c50 as wireless extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-28 11:49:17
Model: Archer C50  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 200608

Hi Team,

I was being trying to setup my TPLink Router Archer C50 as the range extender wirelessly since past 5 days..I spoke to almost 10 members calling technical support number 18002094168 all of them tried but none of them were able help me and they drop the call without even informing what can be done to get my archer c50 setup as a wireless range extender. Your tele calling technical guys are unable help. I need your help in getting it fixed. Please do help sad

Options
5 Reply
Re:Unable to set my Archer c50 as wireless extender
2021-06-28 12:13:03

@VenuKumarBatta 

Check if you have the operation mode Range Extender - if you do then switch the device to that mode:

You can use this video for step by step configuration.

If you don't have range extender operation mode then check the wireless basic settings :

Go Network >  LAN > Give a static IP in the same subnet of your main router (e.g., if main router has 192.168.1.1, give c50 192.168.1.254) >
Reboot  Login using new c50's IP >  Wireless >   Enable WDS >
Scan for the SSID (WiFi Network Name) of your main router >   Enter WiFi password and save.
You will see above the Enable WDS box, there are setting for WiFI name/ password for your c50 router.
You can have the same WiFi details of your main router or can give a new WiFi name/ password if required.
In C50, go to DHCP > and Disable the DHCP server.

Here's a guide for that.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-06-28 14:28:43 - last edited 2021-06-28 14:33:40

Hi Terzi Thank you for your response. I have Range extender option I have given an attempt as the video suggested.i am able to setup extended wifi range but internet access is not working on extended network. Same issue I am facing since 5 days. I was able to setup the extended wifi but no internet access. Thank you.

Options
2021-06-28 18:18:16 - last edited 2021-06-29 00:17:54

@VenuKumarBatta 

What's you main router make and model ? Interoperability between different brands is limited when using the range extender function.

You can reset C50 to factory default and start over from scratch by using the C50 Quick Setup menu:

If you have configured any access control, address reservation or IP MAC binding on the main router disable them to be sure that's not the culprit.

Use this guide to configure and test:

https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202009/20200911/1910012866_Archer%20C50(EU)_UG_V1.pdf

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-06-29 16:51:16

@terziyski 

I have went through the instructions suggested in the PDF. Also attempted to set my Archer c50 as range extender on another network of mine. It worked there perfectly. I guess what you said is correct. My service providers router is having few limitations, I understood. I have login credentials of my router. Is there anyway you can help me checking the settings and fixing the conflict. I understood that the DHCP broadcasting is not happing. One DHCP server should be able to provide DHCP services accross the network but it's not happening. I am able to setup the extender but ip is not broadcasting. Says unidentified network. Please try to help.

Thank you for your response and time 🙂

Options
2021-06-29 17:49:38

@VenuKumarBatta 

Unfortunatelly, if it doesn't work with your ISP device there's nothing you can do. You saw that with another device it works perfectly.

Here's more detailed information about the technology and non-standard implemention by different vendors.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3820

Replies: 5

Related Articles